Extending swing arm

h20boywater

Oct 15, 2012
Wichita Kansas
I have an 03 Blaster with some goodies on it. Problem is its too peppy and runs out from under me. Id like to entend to swing arm to help this problem, but can I use a banshee swing arm and shocks or no????? Any feedback would be appriciated. Thanks

I have an 03 Blaster with some goodies on it. Problem is its too peppy and runs out from under me. Id like to entend to swing arm to help this problem, but can I use a banshee swing arm and shocks or no????? Any feedback would be appriciated. Thanks

no to the banshee swinger, i believe some suzuki swinger has been made to fit.
and some have extended them by cutting, adding and rewelding them, but i'm not a fan at all.
the ones on ebay for $200 might be Ok for some light recreational riding, but again i'm not a fan.

whats your budget ?

I just extended a stocker but haven't installed it yet. I used 2 to make 1. I bought an extra cheap on ebay to use. I marked each one 2" off center, cut them and used to 2 long pieces to make a +4". The extending is finished but still have to make a shock mount. Since I'm using a 400ex shock I'm going to make a mount to fit it instead of the Blaster style mount.

no budget really, just need to make some mods swing arm, suspension, and i need to figure out how to get a little more speed as well. Hoping this forum can help me with all the above I:I

i have a ebay +3 swingarm, Built nice but kinda heavy(alittle more then stock). i bought mine used and it is old, cracked around the rear shock mount once but one simple weld and no problems since.
My dad has a homemade swingarm heres a link to the diy thread.
http://www.blasterforum.com/custom-fabbing-132/bests-2-swingarm-48830/
I understand how people dislike the homemades, There is a huge added risk welding up your own swinger. If done properly it should hold no problem.

I love the feeling of the +3 swinger, It tends to bark your tires more. This is because after extrending your body weight isnt quite directly over the rear tires anymore. It will help keep the front down and give the bike a real "planted" feeling.

if you wanna try an extended swinger and arent a crazy sky chaser just get a +2 extention kit and bolt it on...i got one and she aint broke yet, and i treat mine like a 4x4