extended swingarm question

02yamaturd

Apr 18, 2010
pa
i have this place right by my house that said they could extend my swingarm for me...the guy that owns the place is good friends with my dad and i kno alot of guys that work there so its gonna be next to free for me, my question is what is a good length, i kno its all up to me but i dont wanna sacrifice anything and make it too long...my riding style is basically just rippin around in the woods by my house, i dont really jump it that much but i do every once in a while... i basically just have my blaster not feel like its gonna flip over backwards all the time....no im not a pussy i just wanna make it more stable..and it looks cool too, i was thinkin +2 but would still like some input, thanks guys..(sorry for the story)

i went riding with dualstoke last weekend, he has a +3 on his, and in the tight trails i only saw his rear tire bump a tree once, and when we were doing a little hill climb his front wheels seemd to stay planted when mine wouldnt. but he has a boatload of work done to his motor too so im sure he needs the extra length. you could probably get away with +4 also but i would recomend +3 from what i saw from behind him.

I vote for +4.My Blaster has a +4 Swinger,it is great for hill climbs,and the blaster is still about 1 inch shorter than my buddies 660 Raptor.My buddies son has a stock length blaster and we all ride the same trails and I am always in the lead! The extra length does not make that much difference even on tight trails.

I just went + 3 and am very happy with it. Purchased a longer brakeline from Streamline, the parking brake cable still fits, and went with a 520 x 102 chain (had to remove one link)
Good luck.

well i blew it up about a week ago so im in the process of a new topend and redoeing the plastics and the frame...now would be the perfect time to redo the rear swinger but i think as soon as i get it fixed im gonna sell it or part it...so it probly isnt gonna happen now

+4 is the Bee's Knee's , I love mine , can still wheelie it and hillclimbs are far easier now , too bad its gonna go by by , but if you do part it out , hows the frame? I'm lookin for one , How much shipped to 98403? LMK . I have a project in the works .....

Last edited:
frame has a slight bend behind the front a-arm on the left side...still rides straight but honestly i wouldnt wanna sell a bent frame to someone...wouldnt really be worth it to me imo...but if i do part it and your still interested ill keep you in mind...

I would say a +4. I just put one on and it looks longer but not stupid long. haven't had a chance to ride because I'm trying to find the seal that goes insside my Shearer exhaust. You probably don't want to do the work and then feel like you should have gone longer. I don't think you will feel the +4 is too long, it's still shorter than most new stock length quads.