extended swingarm, how much?

mlrblaster

Dec 16, 2011
Smyrna Tn
I thinking about getting an extended swingarm for my '00 blaster. I've done this build backwards from what I see most people suggesting on the forum. I built the motor first (since it was blown when I bought it).
When the motor was completed it had the following done:
Complete bottom end rebuild with a +3 crank
73mm piston
cylinder ported
34 keihn carb (off an atc 250r)
Dynoport high volume exhaust
Driveline HD Clutch
All motor work was done by Ken O Connor Racing. Any of you out there that has had work done by Ken know how strong his work runs. I am having a bit of an issue keeping the front tires on the ground.
How much longer of a swingarm would help this issue? I also have plans for the brakes as well.
Thanks for the help

personally i run a +3 and love it, altho its easy to go to far. i found the bike handled much better but dos tend to feel more "loose" on back. my old man built a +2 swingarm and it felt awsome on the bike. i would recommend the +2 it would tend to let the tires lift an inch and plant the back end where the +3 tended to bark more

I thinking about getting an extended swingarm for my '00 blaster. I've done this build backwards from what I see most people suggesting on the forum. I built the motor first (since it was blown when I bought it).
When the motor was completed it had the following done:
Complete bottom end rebuild with a +3 crank
73mm piston
cylinder ported
34 keihn carb (off an atc 250r)
Dynoport high volume exhaust
Driveline HD Clutch
All motor work was done by Ken O Connor Racing. Any of you out there that has had work done by Ken know how strong his work runs. I am having a bit of an issue keeping the front tires on the ground.
How much longer of a swingarm would help this issue? I also have plans for the brakes as well.
Thanks for the help

I have a +2 on mine, it helped but not enough. I think a +4 would take away from the nimbleness of the blasty. my vote +3