Exhaust spring/gaskets/etc. What do I need?

kenp2600

Sep 26, 2016
I just picked up a 2004 Blaster. It's got an FMF Gold Series Fatty with a PowerCore 2 silencer. I've got a lot of oil leaking around the exhaust flange so I want to get that all sealed up. I ordered a new gasket for at the cylinder already and plan to put some RTV Copper between the flange and the pipe. The exhaust spring is missing and I've had trouble finding one that specifies it fits the Blaster. Can someone tell me what size spring I need to get what other atv/bike uses the same size spring? I also don't see any holes in the exhaust flange to hook the spring to. Are people just hooking them to the cooling fins on the head?

Thanks all,
Ken

I can measure mine when I get home if that helps. I have it off my bike at moment and I have the same FMF system. Mine was hooked to the head if I remember rightly.

Reactions: josh519
Photos. Don't worry about the dirty oil engine lol its going to be getting work done on it as I'm in middle of rebuild.

20160927_182715.jpg

20160927_182754-01.jpg

Reactions: cgunz410
Thanks Markblaster! Exactly what I needed to see. Great photo showing where the spring hooks too. Thank you again. I just found and ordered a pair of springs that size.

Ken

Reactions: Markblaster