Exhaust popping off

Blevins14

Jan 25, 2012
Well I'm having some problems win my blaster. My exhaust pipe just blows off the flange in like 6 kicks. I do not have the spring on but should it still blow off like an explosion

Well I'm having some problems win my blaster. My exhaust pipe just blows off the flange in like 6 kicks. I do not have the spring on but should it still blow off like an explosion

An explosion :eek: is exactly what happens inside the cylinder. It's barely finished burning when the port opens. Gotta have springs to hold it on (or pieces of wire at least). I don't know the speed or force of the gases but the exhaust is about 1200*f.

This might be a dumb question, how many springs should there be? I recently bought a Blaster and I'm slowly going thru it checking it out. Tonight I looked at the exhaust, for some reason, the silencer (if you've read my other posts, yes, I now know it has a silencer) pipe looked like it was attacked by Freddy Krueger hopped up on LSD. I didn't see it before though, the PO had it "covered" with a piece of rubber hose and hose clamps. Anyhow, on the flange piece bolted to the block, it also looks like there is some oil blowing out and collecting there? Is this common, or a problem? Thanks.

there's usually a bit of "2 stroke splooge" where the flange and pipe meet up.

the rubber hose and hose clamps is actually how these things attach together ( i know it's strange to newcomers, but it works!)

This might be a dumb question, how many springs should there be? I recently bought a Blaster and I'm slowly going thru it checking it out. Tonight I looked at the exhaust, for some reason, the silencer (if you've read my other posts, yes, I now know it has a silencer) pipe looked like it was attacked by Freddy Krueger hopped up on LSD. I didn't see it before though, the PO had it "covered" with a piece of rubber hose and hose clamps. Anyhow, on the flange piece bolted to the block, it also looks like there is some oil blowing out and collecting there? Is this common, or a problem? Thanks.

New donut gasket and a cometic exhaust flange gasket will stop it from leaking there.

New donut gasket and a cometic exhaust flange gasket will stop it from leaking there.

Does this still stand as a fix if the oil is just blowing out from the pipe and not from around the flange?

And to Brandoz28, I get that...I've done it myself on auto fuel lines and plumbing in my house, but this was in the last bend of the silencer lead in pipe right before going into the silencer...making the silencer run horizontal. The pipe was one piece, but was cut and mangled, almost like there was a blowout in it. I could see the rubber tube going over the joining section of the end of the exhaust pipe to the start of the silencer pipe...but here it was just a patch. The PO was just lazy and jimmy rigged things until it fell apart enough for him to not want to ride it and dump it off on someone else.