Exhaust not smoking

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
So on my 05 I have the gold series pipe with the power core 2 muffler I always premix at 32/1 as I do everything else but this thing just doesn't smoke..it will while choked and then for the first maybe 10 mins of riding then nothing...I'm just wondering why it doesn't smoke when the motor is warm and running for awhile

I wouldn't worry about it. Some bikes smoke a lot, others not so much. When you start it, put your hand behind the silencer and feel the pressure. Then do the same after it's warm. Feel the same?

If it's a concern, check the reeds. Might have an issue there.

Did my top end beginning of January and the reeds were good , I'm not to worried as u said just kind of weird did feel the pressure and it's deffinatly there, one thing I did notice is when the bike is choked and smoking there is smoke coming out under the exhaust on that little welded bracket not sure if I'm explaining it will but will need to get that re welded for sure loosing pressure with that

image.jpg

That piece ^^^

If the exhaust is leaking, the mixture may be leaned out because the pressure waves cannot completely force the unburnt fuel charge back into the cylinder.
This may cause higher combustion temps.

The exhaust system must not leak..

If the exhaust is leaking, the mixture may be leaned out because the pressure waves cannot completely force the unburnt fuel charge back into the cylinder.

Beat me to it. That was going to be my next post. Just not sounding as official.

Reactions: Blaaster

I run 2 bikes and 3 quads all at the same gas mixture 93 octane 4oz per gallon and they all smoke and do not leak this is the only one I am having the issue with it is leaking here and yes I know my exhaust is dirty just went riding all day, also while riding I fouled a plug today not sure why on that either

Attachments

• IMG_7548.JPG
    IMG_7548.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 265
That can be fixed with a re weld correct? And your saying that it won't smoke because of that leak?

That can be fixed with a re weld correct? And your saying that it won't smoke because of that leak?
I'm no welder, but if I had to guess, why not? I'm sure it could.

The crack will let SOME exhaust escape, but won't be responsible for it all.

Did you switch pre mix? Maybe you bought a 'smokeless' formula? If you're not smoking a lot when the bike is hot and been run hard your jetting is spot on. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Haven't switched premix and I run yamalube 2r in all my machines I am running a 270 main jet with the exhaust everything else is stock and I have a k&n air filter with the lid on my air screw is 1 3/4 turned out and it rips hard I figured nothing to worry about but wanted to make
Sure thanks for the reply as far as welding my
Buddy does it for a living so
That's not a problem luckily