Excellent front shock upgrade

devinmadssen

Dec 9, 2015
Some people are using the yfz450 front shocks with the diamond j widening kit. Front shocks that i found also work are the QUADZILLA LT500s, they work great. Me and 2 of my brothers all jumped on the front bumper they would not bottom out. Even made the back end come up with my 180 pound brother sitting on the back of it, still wouldnt bottom out, they are an amazing upgrade if u have a widening kit or long travel a arms and hitting jumps or even any bumps or rocks on some trail with them is a breeze. Got a pair of craigslist for $50!! One of the best ideas ive ever had

Some people are using the yfz450 front shocks with the diamond j widening kit. Front shocks that i found also work are the QUADZILLA LT500s, they work great. Me and 2 of my brothers all jumped on the front bumper they would not bottom out. Even made the back end come up with my 180 pound brother sitting on the back of it, still wouldnt bottom out, they are an amazing upgrade if u have a widening kit or long travel a arms and hitting jumps or even any bumps or rocks on some trail with them is a breeze. Got a pair of craigslist for $50!! One of the best ideas ive ever had
Bottoming out is not the problem with shocks, being smooth is

The stock shocks are like steel rods, i imagine the 500's are quite stiff as well being made for such a large quad

Generally a pair of works can be found for $100-$200 which is a pretty good deal

the 500 shocks are actually pretty soft, not to soft but theyre great for jumping and trails, i just picked them up because i couldnt find any works right now im gonna order some brand new ones in february or march when i finish my brothers kx80