engine problems

FMFBlaster240

Jun 6, 2010
Indiana
hey guys i just rebuilt my engine and carb on my blaster, took it around the house a few times, and now it wont start all the way, it fires and then just falls flat. any ideas on what it could be?

check for airleaks and make sure your jetting is correct, and go over all the electrical connections. it sounds to me like its not getting enough fuel or something

did you break it in properly...have you check for spark? fuel? did you retighten all the head bolts??? and is the gas turned on??

it has spark and fuel and yes i tightened the head bolts down. because it ran around the house a couple of times, and then the next time we tried to kick it, it would just try to fire and fall flat

its gotta be getting some sort of fuel to be able to hit when you kick it. it just sounds like not enough to keep it running. maybe you have a clogged jet or something. if it has compression, no air leaks, and spark the only thing it could be is fuel

Last edited:
id take the carb back of and make sure you dont have a plugged jet, also the petcock could be clogged

just do process of elimination. check for air leaks to make sure you have none. if you dont, check your compression. if you have good compression check spark. you already said you have spark so you can skip that step. but then move to the carb. clean it out really good, and dont just spray carb cleaner through the air filter hole and say its clean. if it still does the same thing, check the petcock. if thats clean, clean your air filter. it should be running good by that point. also, it sounds like your jetting is off if you could run it around when it was cold, then it wouldnt run right when you tried to start it while it was hot