Engine noise

C

cowentz

I recently received 2 blasters on a trade. A 2003, and a 2004. The 2004 is all stock other then an air filter. The 2003 has +4 swingarm, +2-+4 axle, front wheel spacers, air filter with holes in air box lid, a weisco stock bore and stock compression piston, reed valves, and a shaved head, but needed carb work. So I cleand the carb and fired it up today. The motor is very loud and noisey compared to the 2004. Is this normal because of the intake and compression, or is there something I need to worry about? I haven't touched 2 strokes in years so any help is appreciated. Thanks

no i dont think you should worry bout it... the 03' is modded out and as soon as you do the littlest thing to a motor you can hear it.just like when you put on a pipe you can hear the head nock and all the loud sh*t..so no dont tripp

the only reason I was / am worried about it is because I have a stock one to compare it too. Years back I had an older blaster and if I remember correctly that one had a decent amount of noise also. I guess I am just trying to decide if I should tear it down and check it out or just run it and see what happens.

all blasters have some degree of motor noise, just how loud depends on the mods done to it... if it was me, and if it runs good, i would just leave it alone but always be aware of new noises to help distinguish a problem.

Well my plan was to sell one or the other but I just can't sell it to someone like it is. It wouldn't be right. I pull the top off tonight. piston has a few scratches on the side and there is 2 to 3 little spots on the cylinder wall that have build up. It's like the material that scratched out of the piston is stuck to the cylinder wall. So i guess it's off for a bore and new piston. It is already .020 over. Also the crank doesn't seem to have play. The rod on the crank has a little side to side movement, and the piston on the rod moves about 1/2" side to side. Is this normal? Thanks