Engine gone

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
i was racin yesterday and on the last race on the last corner the engine packed up and then u puked :( i pushed across the finish line X(

But any i striped her down last night the ,joy of a 2 stroke being ezy 2 work on.
The bottom of the piston on the intake side had broked clean off and the eletcriod had bent in

The head was skimmed so dat would explane y it was running hot and i think is was ported il get pics then i can

i was racin yesterday and on the last race on the last corner the engine packed up and then u puked :( i pushed across the finish line X(

But any i striped her down last night the ,joy of a 2 stroke being ezy 2 work on.
The bottom of the piston on the intake side had broked clean off and the eletcriod had bent in

The head was skimmed so dat would explane y it was running hot and i think is was ported il get pics then i can

thats sh*tty man.. yeah get some pics up.. was it running ht or did the skirt just break off? also what kind of piston were u running?

Lol that sucks man. Anyway what kind of piston were you running? And it's gotta be ported..someone must have screwed up the radius' in the intake window...I can't imagine why stock intake windows would break a piston skirt.

Lol that sucks man. Anyway what kind of piston were you running? And it's gotta be ported..someone must have screwed up the radius' in the intake window...I can't imagine why stock intake windows would break a piston skirt.

thats not really accurate information.. it probally broke from a worn out or bad bore with to much piston to sidewall clearance allowing "piston slap" wich will break the skirt off once it gets bad enough

thats not really accurate information.. it probally broke from a worn out or bad bore with to much piston to sidewall clearance allowing "piston slap" wich will break the skirt off once it gets bad enough

I didn't think about that...lol. It's still early...

i dunno wat really piss's me is that the fukin kunt said it was rebuilt 4 hours ago when i bought how can a piston go after not more than 6 hours

i dunno wat really piss's me is that the fukin kunt said it was rebuilt 4 hours ago when i bought how can a piston go after not more than 6 hours

is it worth going after him for the money i wasnt even pushing that hard when it blew and i was never happy wit da way it ran

you could have been lean causing elevated running temps making that skirt heat up and crack

I thought running lean does damage to the front of the piston? I know eventually it will seize but initial damage is towards the front side of the piston...I think.

I thought running lean does damage to the front of the piston? I know eventually it will seize but initial damage is towards the front side of the piston...I think.

i put my thumb over the spark plug hole and it had loads of compression and it felt fine to kick but it would not start