engine builders speak up

It's all going to depend on the application of the kit (riding style) and the supporting mods as well as the owners ability to follow tuning instructions:) I don't search for peak hp #'s in my work, I focuss on power under the curve and making it as broad and useable as possible. That is what a good port job will offer, anyone can open the ports to their maximum limits and get high hp #'s. But, it takes some level of skill to extract a useable power curve.

okay but do we extra bonus points if we go over 500 words?
"what can we expect " seems like such a relative staement .I would agree with wildcard on this and id add what jimmy with a trail bike should expect is different than what sally on her duner should expect ,the supporting mods will make or break a otherwise great portjob

sorry Wildcard thats what I meant, if I send you a blaster cylinder and I want a strong power band what kind of nos. can I get ? what pipe carb reed, I want a torque monster

that will very depending on exactly what you want done and what your wallet will support. the blaster shares the same bore dim/ as a 250 with a shorter stroke and rod, it's nowhere near square, theres a lot of gains to be had in the bottom end, theres more to it than making bigger ports as stated. the pipe and carb size play a big role, everything should be calculated and matched, but then theres a big difference between a slide rule enging build and someone with a dremel, I am not saying that theres people out that that cant do a really nice job for 300 bucks, Im saying engine building is relative to purpose and investment.

I was hoping to see 40 hp with port job (I understand trade secrets and for them to keep degrees to themselves) say 35 carb this pipe and this much torque , I don't want a 240 that has 50hp but zero torque and you need to ring its neck to get it going