Elka stage 3 rear shock

Andie

May 25, 2015
hi,
Im looking to buy a elka shock which is ending on ebay today if i can win it! Will this bolt right up to all my stamdard components? Thanks

Hopefully you bought that Andie ?
Great deal in an amazing shock !

Ut ohh !! I think someone caught the mod bug ;). That was a nice deal !!

Cheers will put a picture up when i install it to show you lot how i went about fitting it and what it looks like after! Also a ride report!
Getting there slowly

Reactions: jus_me
Elka arrived yayyy! Any tips on where to mount the compression unit? Is there any good clamps i can get or is it a zip tie job! Rather not ziptie, large jubilee maybe or a boost pipe clamp for a car intercooler?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
I use the rubber mount and 2 clamps bluesbrutha posted above and have it mounted to the angled subframe right in front of the grab bar mounts, where the oil tank used to hang.
for the fronts I use modquad billet clamps

Clipboard01.jpg

Right so fitted rear suspension today, very easy do it yourself job! Tools i used were:
10,12,14mm socket
10,14mm spanner
Screwdriver
Flathead
Pliers
Cutters

Very easy as a one man job had the quad up on my stand so weight was off the rear making it so much easier to work on.
Removed rear seat plastics and air box to carb. Once this is off you can see everything you need to with ease.
Undone bottom safety wire and punched through pin, undone top 14mm nut and punched bolt through. Shock out.
Then replaced with new shock done up top bolt loose with washer, then put bottom pin back in with washer and safety wired as needed. Then put wuad back on floor and done up top bolt to required torque.put plastics back on then fixed the compression bottle to the 2 stroke tank cage with 4mm rubber sheeting wrapped around cage metal then clamped bottle to this using two heavy jubille clips.
Looks great and works great but dont really understand how to set it up correctly?? Want it to be as useful and confidence boosting to my riding as it can be! Helpppp

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 316