ebay seller beware?

Cory

Nov 10, 2016
Very odd situation. dirtparts on ebay never shipped my my hot rods bottom end kit. So I got stuck buying the crank local and reusing seals and bearing for my blaster. I got it all in last night and mocked up everything. At first the carb floats stuck and gas overflows out of the carb. After giving it a nice 10 kicks in a roll the bike sputters to life but quickly dies back out. The clamp was not on the carburetor boot that seals the intake boot. The exhaust was loosely mocked up. I am going to tighten these areas up tonight after work and maybe post a reply to this. If anyone has any suggestions I am very frustrated when I have 200$ tied up with this seller and now I have to piece my bike back together with old parts. The bike has potential and it will be my sons first atv.

Mocking up a 2 stroke engine is only going to bring you undone.

Before you start it again, leak test it for air leaks.

image1.JPG

I'm confused, but I do know that Ebay's "Money Back Guarantee" has you covered. Did you do your part and contact the seller? If so, and no response, contact Ebay's resolution center for your "Money Back Guarantee".
I had to use it once. It was FAST. It even returns to you what you spent on shipping.

Reactions: Markblaster
I have also have had to use the Ebay resolution center. Is easy and fast. Person only sent 1/2 the $450 order and would not contact me over ebay or over person emails as I found out there contact details.

Yep the resolution center says I need to wait until the 15th before they will get involved. This is the same situation Markblaster, I got the 50$ fmf power up jet kit from him and he put the tracking number for that on the crank also. So he has replied to 1 of my 5 emails saying, heres the tracking number, it was delivered. I have been by the post office and they printed out the paper saying the 1 package weighed 8 oz. Just waiting for the 15th, I guess.

Back to the blaster, pulled the carb on my lunch break and boy oh boy it is in terrible shape. Lots of residue and the float needle had alot of garbage coming out of it.

okay well dirtparts has fixed the issue. thanks a ton of the support on this topic guys. #1. the idle "jet" or hole, was about 1/4" full of grey sludge. #2 Thank you Blaaster for putting my mind on air leaks, there was a huge one. The part of the head that the spark plug screws into was hand tightened only. wow. Time to go back to work, she fired right up and purred like .... don't wanna say kitten. but shes good.