Easy question for everyone

now1knowmyabcs

Oct 11, 2009
Pa
I'm thinking about getting a BBK, well not so much thinking as getting, however will a CT pipe preform as well as an F7 pipe or should i for sure stick to an F7? Also what carb. should I be running? Would a 35mm be ok?

Hey man, haven't seen you on here for awhile! Glad you're back for a minute. Lol. If I'm not mistaken, CT pipes are made by the same company which makes the F7, so the pipes are one in the same. Pretty sure. If this is true, the only advantage of getting the F7 over the CT is multiple color choices for the silencer.

A 35mm carb will be fine for the BBK, especially if you're not running a stroker crank. Bolt it up, jet it, break it in well, and have at it!

alright, thanks, im thinking im going to stay away from the stroker for now, maybe get one in the future but im gonna do everything but that for the time being.

There you go. As long as your current crank and bearings are OK, you can just bolt on the BBK to your existing bottom end, without having to split cases. If you go to a stroker crank later, you'll need to get the BBK ported to match that crank, but you can always do that later.

BTW, IDK what brand of BBK you are considering, but spend the extra $50.00 or so and get the LA Sleeve BBK. It comes from the factory with a mild port job, forged piston, and has a vastly better port layout and intake design than the Vito's setup. It will make more power and is a good investment. My .02.

http://www.lasleeve.cc/index.cfm?event=product.display&product_ID=2020