easiet n quickest oil injection removal

I2fast4u

Feb 22, 2008
wilkes, NC
1. Dismount the oil tank from the back plastics(save the bolts that come out)
2. Disconnect hoses only from tank do not take them out of motor
3. Cut hose down to what ever shortness wanted leave atleast 4 inches
4. Take one of the bolts you save and and rachet and screw it down into the hose it should be a pretty snug fit and will strech the hose

Last edited:
I did that with my old blaster. It held up since last winter, but i think its sold now so its not my problem anymore, lol

lets just say,...its not the right way ok, the bolt could fall out and unwanted air would make it seize

=))=))=))=)) great point , but more than that could happen inside the motor too.

I WOULDNT DO IT THIS WAY !!! IMO ...No offenseI:I

At least remove the drive gear from the pump. And make sure you cap/plug the hole in the carb. Everything else is pretty much removing the hoses.

Why waste money? Do it the redneck way and still have just as much fun until it blows up. Well, to tell you the truth, this way isnt redneck at all. The real redneck way would be if it aint broke dont fix it. I wouldn't call this a redneck fix.

Actually buying the kit isnt wasting money. Wasting money is not doing it only because your motors going to seize. So pay the 20-30 bucks for a block off kit instead of spending hundreds on a rebuild.

i wouldn't say a rebuild costs hundreds......unless you don't have any of the tools necessary or are dumb enough to take it to the stealership.
the reason why this method isn't the best way to block off the injection is because the main reason they go bad is the plastic drive gear that turns the pump breaks. the whole point of doin the injection block off (other than the desire to premix yourself) is to eliminate the plastic gear and this method leaves it in there. doesn't even take any of the resistance off it.
i'd do it the right way if i was gonna do it.

every one of the 7 blasters we have had have just had the plastic gear removed cut the hoses off the pump and silicone the holes in the rubber grommet. Remove the tank and cap the oil input nipple on the carb. Once the plastic gear is off the pump does not turn and I just leave the pump in place, it will save what maybe a few ounces of weight to remove it?