dynoport vs. toomey

my blaster i bought has a toomey on it looks good and is reasonably priced i believe its made of thinner metal than other pipes.So there i more exhaust to go threw it but looks kinda thin. I like my toomey silencer is easily rebuildable.

Well, i never owned or used a right bend pipe. But i do own toomey pipes lol. Pull very nice mid to top. And have okay pull on the bottom end. But sound really nice. Right bend's have topend pull, lots of it lol.

i would go right bend all day but man does that toomey sound nice lol. what u looking for, performance or sound?

My toomey is pretty awesome one my stock bike!!!!!! I would defknitely recommend it.
But ive never tried a right bend pipe.

Dynoport for sure, I have both the dynoport midpipe silencer combos. the big core which has the least bends and is for ported motors with a very smooth response throughout but focused on the low-mid and the mid high combo which is good for the stock 200. A lot of people have toomeys, I have never owned them, but the dynoport is the best constructed blaster pipe as far as craftsmanship i've seen, miles ahead of my DMC alien. It is heavy and thick but bulletproof, it won't ding like the mass produced thinner pipes. Dynoport also offers awesome customer service as a smaller company, buy direct, not through a distributor.

Performance to hell with sound so the dynoport would be better?

Yes, in my opinion, I wouldn't think twice about dynoport over toomey.

If you want a left bend I would get a toomey over anything else, though you'll be kickin yourself for a right bend down the road.

Ok I am for sure getting a right bend then since I am doing a full rebuild now. Is the dynoport the best right bend pipe? Anything that would be better? How do they perform on a stock engine with no porting?

I haven't run the Toomey I got yet, But I will say that it is built much better than my Power pros right bend, I love the PP right pipe, but quality isn't as good. The silencer for the PP is ok , just the head pipe, I have had to repair a weld already, and the flange was a nightmare to seal, but was able to get it right with alot of swearing, beer, grinder and of course cometic exhaust gasket (the best IMO) better than the stupid stock round gasket, I've had no luck with! The toomey uses an oring to seal the pipe to the flange, which is soooo much better than having gobs of RTV all over. I have a ported cylinder with triple exhaust that is going to feed the toomey, if i don't like the powa, then I'll swap my son for the Power pros! He also has a Ported cylinder no tripples!

Do u plan on porting if not i would just get the toomey....if you do plan on just doing porting toomey will still be good if you plan on doing bbkit/stroker i would go with the dynoport imo

@blasty - they are cheaper if directly from dynoport and Rich is a great guy to deal with directly, when I explained to him what my mods were he was very informative in what he thought would be the best setup, hence why I ended up with two midpipe/silencer combos. I do not know what PB has on hand but I assume the High Volume with Big Core Barker midpipe/silencer as they state they are for ported motors. When ordering from dynoport they build every pipe as ordered. At least they did when I ordered from them (expect a three week turn around). The mid-high dynoport is not a ported motor only pipe. And the best thing is you can always switch out to a big core barker if moving from stock to ported setup (180$ upgrade). I personally was not impressed when I talked to valley cycle (project blaster) regarding another part, but regardless, it kinda turned me off from dealing with them. I am big on customer service, but I also don't know why someone would want to go through a distributor, basically just a middleman who needs to make something as well.

Direct Dynoport Link
200 Blaster 1988-2006

Thanks how much did u give for your pipe an did they do it black for you?? Pb says ceramic is 375 dynoport says 400 weird? Yeah rich told me that the high volume would be best with my set up cause the moters to small to pull the mid-top the high volume accelerates alot better an he said will run a betr mph then the mid to top because it will pull taller gearin...

I do plan on porting. Sounds like I need to talk to ..what pipe/silencer combo would be good for a stock and ported cylinder?

I do plan on porting. Sounds like I need to talk to ..what pipe/silencer combo would be good for a stock and ported cylinder?

Most Right bends have more top- (I say most because have no idea of dynoport/shearer claims.) Pretty simple!!

I will say that Mr Oconners ported can't remember if it's stroked- Toomey, had no problem hanging with the right bends-as im sure mine won't either!)

I say either choice is excellent!

Would the dynoport be good for a trail bike? I don't ride tight technical trails though, they are more fast paced with sweeping banked turns. I also do mx.

How would the dynoport do for this type of riding? I will be on a stock cylinder for now but plan on porting by fall if not sooner and woul rather not buy 2 pipes

Cant say on a blaster but my kdx had a dynoport on it when i got and had a buddy not wrecked it folding the pipe up it would still be on it instead of the fmf desert pipe thats there now.

That dynoport pipe was awesome across the powerband and the throttle response was insane.I weigh 220lbs and am 6'3 and it had no problems yanking the front tire up with no clutching in 4th at any time!Any yes the construction is worlds ahead of most as far as durability.They build them out of some pretty thick gauge material.Before my buddy wrecked it i had the kdx over to bad lands in indiana and laid that bike down a good 20+ times in rocks mud on logs you name it and never once dented it.Definately a durable pipe on top of power being bad ass id say dynoport for power,sound and durability but i do like the toomeys sound too.