Driving styles?

lol, dont use the gears to slow you down! never get wide open and down shift through the gears to stop! use clutch and brakes! learned from experience!! also 2-strokes arent designed to be wide open for long periods of time, they were designed for the "up and down" throttle usage! meaning wide open for a few minutes or less then back down..etc

lol, dont use the gears to slow you down! never get wide open and down shift through the gears to stop! use clutch and brakes! learned from experience!! also 2-strokes arent designed to be wide open for long periods of time, they were designed for the "up and down" throttle usage! meaning wide open for a few minutes or less then back down..etc

do you want to explain that please im a bit new to this? :) i think you mean any gear and full out revs,..hittin top speed for a long period of time? :)

u mytin hav a problem but running the quad properly prolongs the life of the quad...in other words...doing the things properly now will keep the quad going longer...clutch goin up AND down gears i say...betr being on the safe side even if it does feel ok and the quad runs ok...its nt there for the look of it

i use the gears to slow it down is that bad?? i have had 3 dif 4 wheelers and 2 of them being blasters and never had a prob with slowing it down with the gears
i do the same thing theirs nothing wrong unless its liking bouncing off the rev limited.. :p

i woudlent ripp 6th gear full open i push the throttle 3/4 of the way and then back to 1/4 of the way and just play around in 6th if i'm rippin down a big huge side of a road and i always always use my clutch its alot easyer to replace clutch discs then it is to get a new tranny

I rarely ever use a clutch on any atv/dirt bike/motorcycle I've ever ridden and it has never caused a problem I have explained how these transmissions work on page 4. I have replaced a transmission in mine and not because I shifted without the clutch. I scattered the bearing on the counter balance and dragged it down through the gears. Thats what full throttle over a long stretch did for me. although I should say the motor still ran fine. I can assure you that these gears had no wear from clutchless shifting. Some of the fastest SCCA and almost all WRC cars have these type gear boxes and they rarely ever use a clutch. Does it cause more wear on the transmission?...Possibly a very very very small amount. If you do use it for every shift it is not going to hurt anything but I would consider it a bit excessive kinda like babeying it all the time. It would be like buying a Diablo and never driving over 55mph. Sure it would last forever but whats the point?

Well, up shifting is not a problem without disengaging the clutch, it takes pressure off of the transmission, but downshifting adds pressure, the paws on your gears WILL wear down faster

i use the clutch some times and some times i do.. if im banging threw the gears wide open throttle down the river or on the road track plowed on the lake i use the clutch, but if i just cruising along the lake not gettin on it or cruising down the river i let of click up or down a gear than back on the gas, same way i do it in a stick car or truck 'matched rpm's'

like i said though, hard riding drags and what not i use the clutch

ii just touch the clutch when i go, its all you need, and the cars that dont use the clutch have an ignition interruptor to save the tranny, same as superbikes

they arent made like that, its just by design that you can do that. if you upshift get some practice before you shift without the clutch, DO NOT downshift without the clutch, for reasons explained above

If this would cause wear in the gear box, where would it occur? I have my original transmission sitting right here on my desk. It was used from 1996 till 2007 I bought it in 06' and put at least a hundred hard hours on it rarely ever using the clutch. The guy I bought it from used it for flat track and some trail riding and openly admitted not using the clutch. Here are some pics of the tranny the pics are not very good but if you like I can tear it down to get better pics. You will clearly see that there is no excess wear on the gears other than where the bearing went through it. The paws are in perfect condition.
03-02-09_2227.jpg

03-02-09_2233.jpg

03-02-09_2234.jpg

03-02-09_2235.jpg

03-02-09_2236.jpg

03-02-09_2237.jpg

03-02-09_2238.jpg

03-02-09_2239.jpg

03-02-09_2240.jpg