Drag Blasters

yamahaman126

Mar 20, 2009
Indiana
ANyone just strictly drag race? I used to here is a picture of the pile as it was being build. I can't find a completed pic.

I'll be looking for some other pics and videos.

My blaster was lightened. I cut off the stock subframe and built a new one out of chromoly.
The stock frame was completely lightened and any straight frame bars were replaced with the same size of chromoly. The a arms custom built arms and spindles out of chromoly. Marvin Shaw struts all around. The swinger was a custom built tear drop chromoly 10" over with a round carrier. Custom all aluminum lightened foot pegs. The steering stem was also chromoly, imagine that. I ran lightened banshee foot hubs.

For the engine, it was .020, drag ported, Trinity drag pipe, VF2 reeds, Pro Design Intake, 35mm flat slide Mikuni carb on alky and a override tranny.

I think that's all, but that was a fun little ride to spank Banshees on in a 300ft dirt drag.

BB is for little girls! LOL. Nope, it would have been stock bore but our calculations were a little off when we began jetting the alky. My blaster was the test dummy before we did the stroker Banshee I was racing too.

im not into drag racing but i was planning on building a drag motor before i got my shee so now im stuck with a trinity stage 4 BB drag cylinder. wonder what that would do if i put it on my bike???

I didn't run a lock up, never had the need to. I always run 3 heavy springs and 2 stock. If I would have went BB or stroker I'm sure I would have put in a lock up.

i was thinking of doing some struted stretched frames in the futuere..maybe selling a few...i like that design..i did my chasis all out of chromoly..did you do all the work yourself?

Yes, well myself and two buddies. The one worked at a machine shop and he made the spindles. But we worked together to come up with the design. I did all my own welding. We did about the same thing to a Banshee I was dragging too.

Well the first time you smoked a piped Banshee, well what I would call a trail machine pipes, reeds, advanced timing, aftermarket air filter, etc., you would love it. The first time I beat some local guys on mine they said I was cheating. Funny thing was I was running in the Banshee class. I had a 150cc less motor but said I was cheating. It was great.

so a stock stroke, stock cylinder blaster that was ported with an out of frame pipe? hmm im guessing you should have tried the BB stroker setup. beating a piped shee on a blaster is nice tho. not very hard to do. now when a blaster starts beating more modded shees, thats when i get impressed. nice work for sure tho. lightening helps out a lot.

so a stock stroke, stock cylinder blaster that was ported with an out of frame pipe? hmm im guessing you should have tried the BB stroker setup. beating a piped shee on a blaster is nice tho. not very hard to do. now when a blaster starts beating more modded shees, thats when i get impressed. nice work for sure tho. lightening helps out a lot.

Who's the chick in the avy bro?