doing full rebuild this winter got couple ?'s

FSH4FUN

Sep 20, 2010
New Hampshire
Hello all I tearing down my 95 this winter and looking to add few things just wondering how much $ I should set aside and which mods will give best bang for buck thanks for looking

yeah right, "how many dollars to set aside" aaaahahahaaaaaa
if the sickness bites .........$3000, if it becomes terminal illnesss......$10,0000
luckily the doctor caught mine before it became terminal

my general rule of thumb is.........
suspension, brakes, motor in that order
works shocks up front, 400ex rear, banshee/raptor front hydros, my gsxr kit in back
pipe, air filter, reeds, carb, ken oconnor porting/head mod

Last edited:
suspension first then engine mods. a good pipe and some porting is by far the best bang for your buck, everyone has thier favorite guy and mine is FLOTEK. take a look around you tube to see some of his nasty work I:I I:I banshee front shocks and a 400ex rear is decent for the price. good luck and have fun!!

taking the airbox lid off and rejet costs basically nothing and adds power, increading the width of the quad, and a longer swingarm are things i wish i could afford to do, might be getting works shocks soon I:I

yeah right, "how many dollars to set aside" aaaahahahaaaaaa
if the sickness bites .........$3000, if it becomes terminal illnesss......$10,0000
luckily the doctor caught mine before it became terminal

my general rule of thumb is.........
suspension, brakes, motor in that order
works shocks up front, 400ex rear, banshee/raptor front hydros, my gsxr kit in back
pipe, air filter, reeds, carb, ken oconnor porting/head mod

The man is dead on with the upgrades. By the way awk. Do you have any of them pills left over that the doctor gave you?I think I may need some.

for us to be more helpful, it would help us to know what you want out of your blaster.
like what type of riding, and stuff.
if you want to go cheap and increase your quad performance, get some banshee front shocks, 400ex rear shock, banshee axle (if you have 02 or older, you need the brake hub), a pipe, take off air filter lid and rejet. these are some cheap mods that will help make your quad a little better.

since you are doing a full rebuild, and if you have some money to spend, get the jug ported and the head cut (not milled). this with a pipe will wake your blaster up. you will also need to get some better suspension, some +2 arms with elka would be one of the better options. a wider rear axle and a rear elka would make it tons better than a stock blaster. you may also want a longer swingarm with these mods.

Thx for the info. I will be riding in tight trails most offen, and now rethinking doing full rebuild prob just carburetor , air, pipes, and see how it works don't think I will be able to raise the funds for much engine mods lol maybe down the line .

start with the suspension. but a pipe, and air filter, and rejet are great ways to wake that thing up power wise.

start with the suspension. but a pipe, and air filter, and rejet are great ways to wake that thing up power wise.

Agreed. Nice suspension makes it easier to go fast. NO point in go fast parts if your going to be bouncing around so bad you cant keep the tires in contact with the ground.