Dodge Durango

Sauce440

Apr 5, 2013
Michigan
I just got a 2002 Dodge Durango 4.7l for my first car. I was wondering what i could do to get some better MPG's. Any hop ups? Things a gas hog but i love it! I might post some pictures later of her.

Oil changes are the biggest thing with Dodge trucks. The oil pump pickup sits real close to the bottom of the pan. Just a little sludge on the bottom of the pan will give you oil pressure problems.

maby a cold air intake and I know with my s10 if I run mid grade gas it got better mpgs and if I put a can of sea foam it got better mpgs

just changed the oil in it and it was clean. dont want to spend a whole lot either. im for sure getting true dual straight pipes with twin turbos.

I just got a 2002 Dodge Durango 4.7l for my first car. I was wondering what i could do to get some better MPG's. Any hop ups? Things a gas hog but i love it! I might post some pictures later of her.

put a tennis ball under the gas pedal,
and never listen to this while driving :D.......

"Yeah my durango number 95
Take me to the home kick boots and ultra live"

congrats on your new ride !

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip it. You can get mpg chips for them, use fuel stabilizer 1 once a month in the tank, its a v8 so its never going to get good gas mileage, I did that in my 73 ford with a 302... there is no way to chip those, but fuel stabilizer helped noticeably. Feel free to ask me anything about cars/trucks!

just changed the oil in it and it was clean. dont want to spend a whole lot either. im for sure getting true dual straight pipes with twin turbos.
. And you can not twin turbo a dodge Durango with building the motor, you will to much stress on stock internals and it will go boom.

id be spending more then ill be saving really. i might get a tuner for it to get a couple more ponies out of it and a couple more mpgs. not sure yet