Do reed spacers really help?

It's behind the cage that gives it more low end right?

Brings the power you already have on sooner!

Reed spacers do not make any more power, they simply move the powerband up or down the rev range.

They are also used to give more room to be able to fit a larger carby.

I'm thinking the same blaaster mate but has it been tried? Surely it would make some difference over 1 spacer or just cancel each other out maybe?

Spacer between reeds and cylinder, moves the power to come on at a lower rev.

Spacer between reeds and carby, moves the power to come on at a higher rev.

If you drop an upside down cat a foot from the floor it will land on its feet!
If you drop a bit of buttered bread on the floor, it will land butter side down.

Two reed spacers are the same as taping buttered bread to the back of a cat!

Reactions: C-H55Blasty
most people use reed spacer so they can run a larger carb, with out the reed spacer the clutch arm will contact the float bowl.

i run a pj34 carb and a reed spacer was was needed for adequate clearance

CAUTION when using reed spacers with v-force reed cages, they must be used between the reeds and cylinder only.
placing them between the reeds and carb will allow the center petal holding section of the v-force reeds to push back out of the outer frame, resulting in a no start or long walk home.
the intake needs to be directly against v-force reed cages to hold the center section in place.

most people use reed spacer so they can run a larger carb, with out the reed spacer the clutch arm will contact the float bowl.
i run a pj34 carb and a reed spacer was was needed for adequate clearance

I ran my 34mm PJ without a reed spacer with proper clutch arm internal adjustment.
it was close, but cleared.
i have since added a reed spacer in front of my VF-3's

CAUTION when using reed spacers with v-force reed cages, they must be used between the reeds and cylinder only.
placing them between the reeds and carb will allow the center petal holding section of the v-force reeds to push back out of the outer frame, resulting in a no start or long walk home.
the intake needs to be directly against v-force reed cages to hold the center section in place.

I ran my 34mm PJ without a reed spacer with proper clutch arm internal adjustment.
it was close, but cleared.
i have since added a reed spacer in front of my VF-3's

Notice any difference AWK?

Steve

Notice any difference AWK?

Steve

I think it did what it was supposed too, moved the power down lower in the rpm range.
it wasn't very noticable in the seat of the pants, but my gear selection seemed higher in some sections I remember running in a lower gear before adding the spacer, like not having to shift down to 2nd from 3rd coming out of a corner like I had to before.
I do this in certain trail sections i run over and over to test changes