Disengage clutch and dies

Taz100420

Jan 9, 2012
Fremont, Oh
My blaster wants to putter out and die everytime I start to go. It idles fine and revs up nicely. I put it in first, start to roll and dies. All stock besides bored .020 over. I was wondering, would something wrong in my clutch basket (stuck clutch plate, grooved basket, etc) cause it to die out when disengaging? It seems like it wants to go but it cant.

Is the park brake on?

Not wanting to sound like a cracked record, but have you leak down tested it

The reeds could also be the culprit.

Not this engine I havent. I need to build one sometime. But I kinda thought the reeds may be an issue also. When I took them out the last time, they all looked flush except for one petal that I saw a tid bit of daylight through. I have no park brake on, I took that off lol.

Ill get a new set of reeds from my local shop and see if it gets better.

Not this engine I havent. I need to build one sometime. But I kinda thought the reeds may be an issue also. When I took them out the last time, they all looked flush except for one petal that I saw a tid bit of daylight through. I have no park brake on, I took that off lol.

Ill get a new set of reeds from my local shop and see if it gets better.

You could also be suffering from fuel starvation, there could be some crap in the carb.

Fix those reeds and give it a leak test, a 2 stroke motor should be tested at least 2 or 3 times a year.

I actually have taken the carb off and cleaned it up. I used compressed air and blew thru all passages. I also deleted the oil injection and run 32:1 premix Amsoil Interceptor. I have the 4th thru the 8th off so Ill have plenty off time to look more into this.