Dirty header?

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
Ok so I just got my fatty pipe off eBay & I cleaned it up with a wire wheel, looks brand new now... Only problem is that while I was cleaning it I noticed what appeared to be a little bit of grass and some sort of like dog hair towards the end of it, I'm nervous there is more then what I can see on the inside (maybe the seller kept it in his back yard with his dog to guard it from thieves? Haha) my question to you guys is would it hurt anything if I put carb cleaner or something along those lines inside of it & shook it all around to get out any foreign objects?

try an air compresser... DO NOT USE WATER THO. IT WILL RUST THE HELL OUT OF THE INSIDE!!!

Agreed, an air compressor is a great idea as long as you have an airhose and spray nozzle that can move enough volume to blow it out.

Water will only rust as long as there is water inside of it. As long as he pours the water out and lets it dry out and then runs it soon after, it won't rust it any noticeable amount.

my pipe was completely packed full of a mouse nest so dense that I had a full garbage can full of crap come out.

using water to clean it out will be fine. I also had to straighten out a clothes hanger to force stuff out.

it was so bad that you couldn't get compressed air through it when I tried lol

try an air compresser... DO NOT USE WATER THO. IT WILL RUST THE HELL OUT OF THE INSIDE!!!

How is it going to rust it if there's a coating of oil inside. The water would not even touch the metal because of it. If its such a worry, spray the hell out of it with WD40 after it drys.

how come these pipes r so easy to find for u ppl... ive been looking for one for like 2 weeks, and cant find one cheaper than 120.

Thats exactly what I paid but it looked like crap when I received it... 30 mins later after hitting it with a wire wheel it looks almost brand new, except it has a few dents in it and I'm pretty upset about it. Not to change the thread but how can I get those out?

plug the ends, fill with water, and put it in the freezer.

or if you have a torch, plug up the end, make a way to hook the other end up to an air compressor and then heat up the area that needs popped out. the air should push it out

Okay thanks guys! I guess when I go to install it tomorrow, I will pour some water inside and try to remove anything that maybe be inside, and then I will immediately install it and give her a nice run just to be sure it dries and excess remaining fluid

plug the ends, fill with water, and put it in the freezer.

or if you have a torch, plug up the end, make a way to hook the other end up to an air compressor and then heat up the area that needs popped out. the air should push it out

Ya I've heard that theory too, but I'm scared it will actualy split my pipe instead of pushing out the dents. I would be hella pist if that happened!

I'm just scared if water pipes can break why wouldn't my thinner exhaust one also? And maybe it would expand one of the ends too much or something too? Lol. But the dents are not horrible but I'm afraid it will affect it's performance since it's kinda right on the first curve

i would try it.... just keep an eye on it,and if it looks like the metal is deforming, just take it out rite away and thaw it out

Ya but my luck I won't catch it in time & that would suck cause I would literally have to look inside my freezer every 5-10 mins to see if it's okay or not. The dents are nit that bad so I might just deal with em for now, just curious though... How much will it affect the pipes performance? Is it a noticeable difference?

If they aren't very deep I wouldn't worry about it. My pipe has a decent dent but still performs well. It had the dent when I installed it though so I don't know if it really affected the performance