different carb?

Billy Lane

Apr 8, 2015
I was wondering about what kind of carb I would need to up size too? As of right now I got 14t front sprocket fmf gold series fatty power core 2 silencer vforce 4 reeds and bored 80 over and eventually gonna port and polish and have the head milled but I'd like to git some stuff and already have it any suggestions on carb size would be greatly appreciated thanks

the stock carb matches the FMF pipe well, stick with it

What would be the best jetting for a setup like that right now I'm running a 360 main and honestly Idk nuttin about it that may be too big but I know I totally rebuilt this motor and don't wanna be running to lean a Lil rich won't bother me so much but I don't wanna blow it

360 sounds a bit to big. What is your altitude and all of your mods? ? Read up on how to do a proper plug chop. Also I urge you to perform a leak test if you haven't already. Nothing worse than a fresh rebuild seizing up because of a lean condition (air leak).. Running good with a 360 main could be disguising an air leak. Again be sure to leak test..

Like said earlier the stock 26mm carb should suit you just fine. If you do happen to go any larger I wouldn't go beyond a 28mm.. Going with a larger carb you will lose some bottom end. You may gain a little top end but in reality how much are you in the top end? Most of it depends on your riding style and terrain. Tight trails where you need that low end grunt < stock carb, Open fields and or strait runs you may benefit from a slightly larger carb. The Fmf may restrict you a little on the top though (compared to some other pipes) so the stocker will be the best bet. Also with the stock carb you can keep the oil injection :)

The $ you planned on spending for a larger carb you can use towards some suspension upgrades....... Remember,,, you can only ride as fast as you can handle the bike ;)..

It's already got shee front shocks and 400ex rear shock and I mean where would I leak down test it and how if you don't mind? I got a pump made for pumping or suckling it's like a trigger style gun but I mean I don't really know how to do it lol

Thanks man I juss wanting more power and speed so I could keep up with my friends better lold but I mean I'm wanting to port and polish it and all but I still want something reliable haha and I mean mine being bored 80 over and all kinda makes me iffy to do anything else

Ok well will the carb size matter if I got ahead and put a 3 mil crank in with port polish and milled head? May switch my pipe and go with a dmc alien cause I think they sound bad a

Dang I'm glad yall around haha I want to make my blaster faster haha but it seems like everything I wanna do if juss equaling bottom end and already got 14t front sprocket lol