Deathmachine V2.0

luk3x3

That Guy
Jun 25, 2012
Ada Mn
Not sure if many of you remember the original deathmachine......

well heres her predecessor....

A Marshin MHX150 atv (chinese knockoff of something)

Anyways, picked it up for $100 because the kickstarter wasnt bolted on and fell off....

did a little digging on it, looks like it needs to be welded on, or a new one. Needs an air filter and a rightside tie-rod end.

It has the gy6 engine in it, 150CC which still turns fine...but thats where i find my struggle.

Im not sure if i want to tinker with this engine, or just rip it out and sell it to a friend.

Anyways.

Plans in the making so far.

-strengthen frame
-widen stance
-bigger tires
-yz250 motor(maybe)
-shock upgrade
-get rid of the unnecessary amount of wiring
-paint the plastics black
-new chain

at the time, this is the only picture i have of it suprisingly....

but as of right now, im off to go put my oil pan on my jetta.... more pictures to come.,

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: dirtysquared
Id be worried of bolting such a beast of a motor (eg YZ250) in there, who knows if that frame is up to scratch? it may un-weld itself at speed and send you packing!

I feel that weight of the large tool box full of tools you would have to carry, for tightening up all the nuts and bolts that will come loose when riding that Chinaman, would seriously slow you down! :D

Both have very valid points, im worried about the structural rigidity of the frame, henceforth why im going to do a little strengthening and checking over every weld....

if it fails....well $100 well spent with the time i had haha... then its onto the next thing.

browsing craigslist. just found another china atv quad with same motor, but the quad is beat to piss.