Dakotademon7's build gone addictive

if you did a leak down test and it passed shouldnt be any leaks couldnt hurt to double check i guess but im beting its a carb issue
on a side note sounds just like mine not like we have the same exhaust setup or anything :p

I think I found out what the high rev came from. When I started it , I let it run for about 5 minutes and adjusted the idle screw to keep it running. When I messed with it tonight, I seen the screw was turn way in. When I was running it in the garage to check it, the warmer it got, the more I had to turn the screw out to lower the idle. I'll have to play with the idle mixture screw to get to idle consistently cold and warm. When it's cold, it don't want to idle with out turning the idle screw in. Just have to do some tuning.

Took her out for a little. Still have a couple of problems to work out. The clutch won't disengage all the way and the throttle hangs up a little sometimes. I have the clutch adjusted correctly so I'm not sure yet what the deal is. I have to full the cover and do some checking.

Ithink I found the throttle hang problem. Took the thumb throttle cover off and found one of the old cover screws lying inside.:-[

but have you rode the damn thing yet???????
post up some pics of you actually riding it, or even some pics of someplace you went riding.!!!!!

Been taking it out for short break in rides and have my rings seated good. Took it out today for a short ride. I still have to tune the carb but when on full throttle and it hits the power band, I'm fighting between wheel spine and wheelys. That's even in forth gear. Way different then my other Blaster.

9a1b19fa.jpg

Been taking it out for short break in rides and have my rings seated good. Took it out today for a short ride. I still have to tune the carb but when on full throttle and it hits the power band, I'm fighting between wheel spine and wheelys. That's even in forth gear. Way different then my other Blaster.

sounds like you need less bling and more swingarm length lolz.

Well ok then lol. I thought you might still be running stock. Havent read the whole build thread so didnt know all your modds.

Must be a screamer if she lifts the front with a +3 swinger.

Kinda scared me for a second . I was going sown my drive with trees close to the one side. I was going easy and nailed it when I shifted to forth. When it hit the power band, it kicked sideways a little then started to lift the front tires. I thought it was going to kick me off into a tree. I think the 18 rears are part of it. I think the jetting will mellow the hit out some. It goes along nice then hits likes train.

ya the 18's on the rear let free a lot of torque. What pipe are you using? Kevins port jobs at least on my buddies shee, tend to have a high powerband that hits pretty hard.