cylinder 2 locked waverunner

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
i just picked up a waverunner and trailer for 100 bucks the only problem is that they moron left it in the water for like 10 years... SALT WATER. the whole drivetrain is locked up but thats a project for next week. right now in tryign to figure out how to unseize it. the first cylinder is almost at dead bottom and the cylinder is in perfect condition no scarring and will jiggle up and down when i try to move the crankshaft. the other one however is completely frozen but the cylinder showing is also in perfect condition. and ideas how to free it up? its courrently soaking in motor oil but thats done nothign so far.

loosen the cylinder to case bolts and hammer the piss out of it. I had the same problem with a seadoo I picked up.

do ya think the first piston can be reused or will they both need to replaced? and think itll need to be bored or could i get away with just a hone?

I would just get new pistons and rings and you won't know if its gonna need a bore until you get the cylinder off and see if theres any scoring to it.

Marvel mystery oil works,atf works,pb rust buster works and so on.

Id steer clear of hammering the piss out of engine parts.Get it to free up by hand then disassemble it and do a topend id buy new pistons and have the cylinders bored if needed.

I got a 95 polaris SL750 thats been freshly done and it hauls ass!Ive seen 60mph on the speedo feels like 100mph on water.

i hate when people let waverunners and such idle on the beach, sucking up sand. the previous owner of mine did this and locked the motor up. sand was in the cooling system.

mine is a WR500, nothing special. i ended buying a motor and some aftermarket parts (intake, ride plate, etc.) off a waverunner forum. i think i paid $170 for a running motor.

Yeah I currently own 12 pwc's of various makes and models....mostly yamaha :) My personal ski has over 12k dollars into it right now.

But to the op if it sat in salt water for that long junk the motor.

all internals will be toast.

check with greenhulk pwc and see if you can find a good used motor.

if its a ym6 600cc motor you can find them 250 shipped or if you want a fast ski get a 701 motor and have fun.