Custom Heel guards (steel)

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
Well, I got tired of the stock modded heel guards I had and they didn't last long at all the backs i put on them failed and made super sharp egdes. So while the blaster is without it's heart, I decided to finally make my some nice custom ones- as I had all the metal already, just a matter making time and riding was more important. so I started with two sheets of 12x18" 16ga sheets, two 4ft pieces of 5/16 solid rod, 12" of 1/8" flat bar and a 1" metal hole saw. I looked at how my raptor plastic ones are and just made it out of metal and alot taller too. The only problems I had was, my damn welder was acting up, I think the liner on the gun is dirty as the wire kept slowing down. I had that problem before and when I blew out the liner it solved the problem, so got that issue solved, and then when I was making the holes my stupid dog ran in the garage and scared the sh*t out of me, I flinched and the hole is off a little but Oh well I can live with it, It turned out so much better than I thought, can't wait to make the other side. Let me know what ya think!-Bob

dsc01891.jpg

Hell ya! I just hope I can get the motor back and broke in (Correctly this time) before that. But i'll be there reguardless.

AWWW man It went KABOOM! I wasn't letting the motor warm up enough before takin off and blew the piston and the bottom end cases apart.:-[

Also all the jetting issues I had in the begining didnt help either!

But have no fear Ken to the rescue! He is really helping a bro out on this one! I'm gonna have to send the wife over to him for a threesome!!