Custom 33mm airbox

wompmonster

Apr 26, 2012
Any one have a 33mm airbox or some kind of setup. I have pvc right now but, i have no way to mount the pvc from moving.

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00061-2.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

I run a 38mm carb. Made this creation with PVC. Top picture is 1st edition before I angled the carb down to level it.

600259_10151004901400803_980923760_n.jpg

Uses the stock Blaster airbox but adapts to it with a couple aluminum plates bolted together and sealed with silicon RTV sealer.
PVC tubing is screwed to the aluminum plate with tiny wood screws and poly-urethane glue.
The rubber sleeve is a plumbing store item too.

577964_10150946178720803_1550763841_n.jpg

Has to clear the shock, remembering the shock's swing too.
Note the small angled adaptor to level the carb. Works much better leveled now.
Carb vent and drain tubes removed for clarity here. Carb hoses should vent to airbox I discovered.

156290_10150946179370803_2078151696_n.jpg

Bottom of the seat is sealed and air is taken from inside the tank cover and between the seat and tank.
You could still use the stock lid with a 33mm snorkle if you wished.

184902_10150140950085803_5385778_n.jpg

This setup withstands jumps and climbing over log piles and hours in the sand pit.

I run a steel version of that one I pictured. That's ^^^^ one I made for melonberry's ground up rebuild.

I like having an airbox, the only thing I don't like is having to cut the rear plastics out. If you don't run rear plastics that's not a concern for you...

I run a steel version of that one I pictured. That's ^^^^ one I made for melonberry's ground up rebuild.

I like having an airbox, the only thing I don't like is having to cut the rear plastics out. If you don't run rear plastics that's not a concern for you...

Do you loose power putting a airbox on vs. a pipe?

no, the airbox is just a piece of aluminum tube (similar to your PVC). The airbox just keeps mud off of the filter and gives it a good way to keep the tube from dangling. Plus it's fairly attractive done right.... :D

I needed to find someone that's
Makes these then. I don't have to tools do to so. Thanks this helps.

There's one commercially available unit, the CFM box. However, the mouting on the CFM box stinks out loud. It's designed to bolt in between the two tabs on the side of the frame (the silencer mount and oil tank guard mount) but they've been known to come in made so crooked that the original mounts had to be abandoned and the owner drill a new hole and put washers under it to space the box right.

I made that ^^^^ box from sheet aluminum. The sheet was cut for the box and all welded together and then the tube hand rolled and welded together. I designed the box mounts to "hang" over the frame with the seat keeping the box from moving.

Does anyone have one used I can buy from?
I'm not ready to spend $130 and till have to make mods to it.

Used boxes are hard to come by, keep an eye out in the for sale section. Every now and then a partout has one fairly cheap but you need to be quick, cheap enough and it'll be gobbled up quick!