CT Built 240 big bore Longrod motor

TechBlaster

Just say NO to "Stock"
Aug 6, 2009
MY TOWN, PA
This Motor is a Trenga Racing family owned custom build. Less than 5 hours on motor... Sickly built, ported, CT 240 bb longrod motor, capable of 40+ hp, yummm...

Quoted from Mr. Trenga himself:

"CT did the Stage III Porting and Polishing on a perfect Cyl. & Head. When we got it back, Al Car of Aktive Performance, Rte. 100 in Gilbertsville, PA, (who did most all of the Trenga Racing work = ~300 engine projects a year) went over it in his typical fastidious way and made sure everything was dead on and cleaned up and polished things to perfection.
The Longrod crank was using CT parts with his method that he taught Al. We did hundreds of them vs. Strokers because we could stay legal in the Blaster racing class. If done right, using the best parts, they are without question more reliable than strokers and rev faster.
To the best of my knowledge, it still has the 72mm. bore but I never took off the head to check.
You can see the detail work done to the case and side covers as well as alumin. plugs that the previous owner did.
I agree with you, a 35 PWK with a CT Big-Bore P&S would be the ticket to finish this off.
Also needs an aftermarket manifold, like a Pro Design and a quality reed spacer would not be a bad idea either."

So, the motor is just plain sick, huge power motor, reliable, and ready to bolt in. As many have provided feedback, it is, most likely, a sleeved 240bb job, and one of a kind with the build...

Pics are below, enjoy...

6329-t1bottom.jpg

6330-t2intake-port.jpg

6332-t4right-side.jpg

6331-t3left-side.jpg

$1000 obo for the motor, let me know your interest via PM ASAP, thx guys!!! I:I

Having dealt with Mr. Trenga and knowing him and his ways for many years, be careful when he tries to sell you his ocean front condo that is located in Ohio. Having just met this joker, you will soon learn about him and his ways. Good luck, and keep your hand on your wallet!

Who wants to make an offer?
This motor will not be around much longer, I almost have a plan/deal worked out, better grab it if ur thinkin' so.

Offers now being considered...

So are you saying a stock crank with a long rod on it? That looks a lot like a stock jug ported? I thought ct's intake was shaped diffferent than that.

i believe from this statement in the first post................

"CT did the Stage III Porting and Polishing on a perfect Cyl. & Head"

means..... CT did the stage III porting on either a stock cylinder with a 240 sleeve dropped in, or a 240 cylinder of another make ???
this is not the CT sonic 240 cylinder with the updated intake,
but still a very potent set-up

and apparently mr. trenga is stating "it is a long rod on a stock stroke crank, as that allowed his riders to stay in the blaster category" ????
didnt the 240 kit put them in a different race category ???

Looks like a nice motor but CT Racing does NOT DO a stage III...lol

If you call CT Racing and ask to talk to Allen then ask about what STAGES he can port your blaster motor to, HE will laugh.. Then he will ask what the hell is a stage and laugh again... Then he will say the stages is a Trinity Racing sales gimmick from the 90's.. Then he will ask you what kind of riding you do and what parts you are using and he will port your motor for you.. First hand experience!!!

Looks like a nice motor but CT Racing does NOT DO a stage III...lol

If you call CT Racing and ask to talk to Allen then ask about what STAGES he can port your blaster motor to, HE will laugh.. Then he will ask what the hell is a stage and laugh again... Then he will say the stages is a Trinity Racing sales gimmick from the 90's.. Then he will ask you what kind of riding you do and what parts you are using and he will port your motor for you.. First hand experience!!!

if anyone on here knows about CT, it is you !!!!!

Thx for the info Bronco, we are ALL learning a little bit about Trenga, Al Carr, CT, etc. Yes, the CT work was done on a stock bore cyl, sleeved, etc to these specs. Longrod on stock crank, he built many this way for 200cc class to stay legal, but this one breaks that as it is a sleeved 240 kit, so no cannot race in 200cc class. BUT, this motor is bad a$$, and would love to send it off for some fine tuning from one of the in house resident builders, to do their THANG, Fo Sho!!!

I think this motor would look awesome in your blaster TECH.. I'm also wondering if we are gonna see this at AWKs wild ride...lol