Creating a Recreational MX Track?

Daft Punk

May 3, 2009
Sudbury, Ontario
Well, I own lots of land.. And I was thinking about maybe making some sort of MX track this summer. I just don't know where to start. I've got plenty of flat fields that I can Start with, And I own 3 pits with different material in them. One rock, One Sand, One Dirt. So, I have the supplies and the land, I just don't know where to start. Help?

Reactions: blasterman312
rent machines get a picture in your head and go! ive been working on my track for 2 yrs... just going as it comes to me

That's The thing, I'm not all that creative. I don't want to go all out and rent machines and find out I'm in over my head. Also, What Kind of machines? I Have a few front end loaders, Baco's, And bobcats...?

dozers work.. i used my skidsteer for most of it than use the dozer for burms and straight aways its not all that hard just takes alot of time..

Ya depending on the shape of the field you could outline half of the edgin with the track then fill in the turns and strights in the middle of it. Get what im saying? And be sure to allow more room than you think you will need, trust me you'll need more ahaha

Def post pics of the track as you start. That should be awesome.

Hey corey got any pics of the track youve been working on?

k well i drew up a pretty basic design in my notebook at school today. Ill try and scan it later. The track's gonna contain; a Large Table top, Small Table Top, Few Gaps, And Maybe Some Mogules. lmao. It's gonna be a smaller track, but still fun.

001.jpg

Rough Sketch.

Build a short track in the middle, soo much fun.
I use to have a short track, only took like 20secs each lap, but use to have 10 lap races.
Was such tight racing.
Was good as was on a hill, so one bit was across and off camber so needed to be done skillful, and everything.
one little mistake and would be far behind!
Good luck on full track tho.
Should make a small rhythm section of 6 landers/takeoffs.
So you can double, double double it at the beginning, and when get better triple triple it.
Nice tight berm, where proper flick the back end out, whoops are always fun when made right, maybe a couple of fly offs as well, and make one of the tabletops like a step up