Crank Seals!!! Grr easiest way to install..socket?

007blaster

Dec 12, 2011
Northern Michigan
So I am in the process of replacing both of my crank seals on my blaster. Tried putting the stator one on, screwed that one all up, didn't have a big enough socket so I thought a screw driver would do it lol dumb me bent the seal. Same thing on the clutch side but I could only get it in about half way and it was square to the mounting surface.
do you guys just use large deep well sockets that fit the outer portion of the seal? If so what size. Does a little bit of oil on the walls of the seal, not the lip I know grease goes there, help make it slide on better?
Calling dealership tomorrow to see if they have any in stock if not ill order a set from girls, next closest place.
kinda mad coulda had it all back together tonight.

i have a 1/2 drive extension that i use a lot. i use the flat end and just go around tapping it in until its flush. i dont think you would want to use greese because the seal could possibly come back out.

I do what surfrjag describes, however I do use a little bit of grease. You dont want to saturate the thing, but you want to make sure it doesnt tear or prematurely stretch or wear getting put into place.

I clean the surface, I just gently tap it in with a hammer. going in a sircular motion. light taps, until its all the way in.

Sporty