Crank Seal

S

silvera3

So I just got back from my shop after rebuilding the top end on my 98 Blaster and found I need to replace the crank seal. What do I need to buy? Just a crankshaft seal and set of crankshaft bearings? Any recommendations? Is this something I can do in my garage?

-Spence

this may be my problem too! How do you know its your crank seal? what symtoms do you have from the bike?

Don't really have symptoms other than multiple top end rebuilds in a very short time period. Bought a 1998 blaster from a buddy of mine, went riding, 3 hours in, bike locks up, get it home, ring dug into the cylinder wall....had it bored, new piston, new gaskets. Went out again and rode for about an hour and it was fine...took it out 2 days later, 30 minutes later, same thing, locked up, brought it home, opened it up, same thing. Pulled apart the carb and found stock jetting, 230, and the bike has a pipe, silencer, and bored 0.60 over so to begin with it was thought that was the main problem, it ran way lean and just seized so I once again got a Wiseco pro-lite, new top end gasket, bearing and built it up but then had it pressure tested and they told me crank seal needed to be replaced because the crank breather nipple was blowing bubbles when it shouldn't be. Sooooo....going to replace all the gaskets on the bottom and top end, new crank bearings and hope for the best.

-Spence

yeah good luck! I think this may be my problem to but i havent locked a motor up yet! Im taking it into a shop some time to have it done! ( i just dont feel comfortable messin with the bottom end!)