Crank hard to spin by hand

I tap each end of the crank with a board and hammer and that sets the bearings on the crank...it will spin alot easier

If the head is on it, and you have a spark plug in there, yeah its gonna be kinda tough. Without the spark plug in there, it still builds a little compression if the head is on, but you should be able to turn it with the flywheel, and definately by hand with the kicker.

Wait, so you dont even have a cylinder on there and its hard to turn?

Then disregard what I said. Ive never done a bottom end on one. My crank spun very easily when my top end was off. My bottom end is a year old. It was replaced right before I bought the bike (came from my GFs dad so I know its legit - and I have a wiseco crank and rod in ther cause the stocker siezed and got chewed up).

Anyway, good luck. Did you do what Kgibson said?

did you check the side clearance on the con rod bearing? if someone replaces the big end bearing and pin and doesnt get the clearance right, it makes the crank wider or narrower leading to this problem when you re assemble the cases.

its what oconnor said, and now that youve tapped it, its gotten a bit better.. this means your crank was made a bit narrow and spread when you installed it. nothing wrong with the tool tho, i use the same one..

or your cases needed a bit of lapping.