cpi 240 big bore pipe

I shouldn't say my builder doesn't build my motor's around "port timing" cause I don't really know what he does as far as the timing goes. All I know is that the power is where I like it which is more mid-top the bottom-mid for mx racing. I like to hear the pipe over the 4poke fart cans

now, now boys, we all know the old pipe wars, and this is the new "private first class" comin to the front lines, and will have to prove itself before being accepted
and true that...." the motor was built around cpi's specs"
so kudo's to them for providing ken with that info, when we asked the f/7 boys for that info, they both pointed us towards "their" builder, so imo.....if they wanna keep sellin us their pipes, they need to cough up that info, not redirect us to another builder, even though they prolly dont even know what we're talkin about. after all, someone else builds they're motors, they just sit at a desk and computer to peddle parts

442, i just dont understand your reasoning man. thats all I:I

absolutely nothing against you, like awk said let it prove its self. how you do that is find someone with a ported ct240/ right bend pipe and have at it the old fashioned way, oh yeah and be sure to film it

i just dont understand your reasoning man. thats all I:I

holey....as stated in my above post
cpi was the only pipe builder willing to give ken the port timing specs the pipe was built around, and has proven to work best with
and he did notice a big temp difference when he first got his, so all in all, ken recommended using this pipe with the porting and long rod 240 motors he's now building

^^ and thats some good sh*t man!

i cant wait to hear the results of this pipe/port combo and see this thing go on video

awk or 442,
You guys have both talked about a temp difference between this pipe and a toomey. Is the temp difference on a 240 cylinder? I'm just trying to understand this and get all the facts behind it.

yes, ken built his long rod, stroked, 240, and first used his toomey pipe, and was noticing some heat issues, he uses an infared gun around the exhaust flange, just for reference, i saw him do it to jess' bike when i fried it, then rebuilt it, when i was up there in september, then when he was looking for exhaust durations that the pipes were built around, cpi was the only ones who would supply him that info, so he gave it a try, claims to luv it, and noticed a 40 degree temp drop around the pipe flange

ken also just told me to get my ass back up there asap, that i have to ride this thing to believe it, insane from what i hear !!!

I like that end on that silence, i may have to make a end like that for my silencer...lol Did you try to call Ct Racing to get the port timing specs for the ct/ f7 pipe? Ct Racing does there own motor work and they must know the port timing specs, but can someone get that info out of them...

me, slick and ken all tried the "parts pushers" at f7, and were all refered to send our motors to their builder, yeah right !!!!
but i did express interest in giving "power pro's" themselves a try, ct may also be a good call, try them out 79, they know you i'm sure ????

that looks sweet!! now get it away from the dogs eating area before it gets all sh*tty!!!!!....lol....

i have always wanted to try one on the dragger...

i am betting the power pros's..the company that makes the f7 blah blah ect ect ..could tel you the rpms the pipe was built for... im guessing its around a 7,8K pipe for a stock stroke bigbore.

I like that end on that silence, i may have to make a end like that for my silencer...lol Did you try to call Ct Racing to get the port timing specs for the ct/ f7 pipe? Ct Racing does there own motor work and they must know the port timing specs, but can someone get that info out of them...

i tried calling ct but there not giving anything up thats for sure lol

the thing is when a pipe is built it is done with a certain exhaust duration and port timing in mind also those specs are gona be greatly different for a ported 3 mm motor than they would be for a long rod 4 mm stroker ported motor kinda like having a improperly matched torque convertor and cam in a race car

hole shot its cool man i just thought maybe i pissed in ur cheerios somehow lol no offense taken and when its together there will definately be some videos :D

yeah i thought it was that pipe but wasnt sure the way u were talking, thanks, still deciding on what to do with the build im going to do....choices, choices....btw dude that thing is going to sh*t n git, i hope u got at least a +4 on it.

looks good!

and the bends in the pipe is not as important as the actual dimensions. whether its a right bend or left bend doesn't really matter as much as the chamber size/shape/cone lengths etc.

he's gonna run a +5 on the trail and +9 on the track. just the shear quality of this pipe really says something. i haven't ever seen a pipe that looked to be built so well. really thinkin about this pipe

My turn. Not sure if I sold this to Ken or not but he did purchase one of these from me at a very reduced price. We bought 5 of these a few years back, after we chose to go with the Power Pros pipe. We found out that these pipes will not produce the power that other pipes will on 3 different engines that we had built from 3 different people. We sold 3 out of the 5 pipes below what we paid for them just to get them out of the shop.

You can argue about port timing and duration all you want, but the fact is that these pipes do not perform as well as others!

My turn. Not sure if I sold this to Ken or not but he did purchase one of these from me at a very reduced price. We bought 5 of these a few years back, after we chose to go with the Power Pros pipe. We found out that these pipes will not produce the power that other pipes will on 3 different engines that we had built from 3 different people. We sold 3 out of the 5 pipes below what we paid for them just to get them out of the shop.

You can argue about port timing and duration all you want, but the fact is that these pipes do not perform as well as others!

even though you have tried both i can assure you this is going to fall on deaf ears. come september we will have enough blastys with diff pipes built by different guys in the same place to line em up adn see what happens. i cant wait, its gonna be better than last year! :D I:I

OK. I'm next. So these tests were done on 240 cylinders with +4 cranks with exhaust durations of 192 degrees? I'm sure this pipe will fall on it's a$$ in a stock, MX or Trail ported cylinder.

if im understanding this correcty the main issue is to have info on a pipe and then by building the engine to that pipe you have a perfect pair that is going to make tons of power. and not that one pipe may not be better than another one? lol does that make sense?? haha :D