Couple Questions - Tire Size and Wheelie/Grab Bars

Choda

Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
1st. The tires I have on my blaster now:

Front - 19x6-10 Holeshots
Rear - 18x11-8 Turf Tamers

Coming from drag racing my car, i know a taller tire (more sidewall) will give you more "bite", less acceleration but more top end. Don't stock blasters come with like a 21 up front and a 20 rear? I don't know if i have the stock sprocket because that would make sense to go with a smaller tire. The ground clearance is OK i guess but i haven't really riding it to find out. The ground to wheeler height is greatly different going up 2 or 3 inches in tire. Is it that much of a difference in acceleration and top end, i mean like holding it wide open maybe ~3-4 mph. Doesn't seem like much for a wheeler that most the time I'm slamming gears and not holding it WOT.

This is the question - Should I keep the same size front tire because I do not need rears? What would you do and please explain.

2nd. I broke the wheelie/grab bar off. I would like a heavy duty/thick bar but i don't want a bulky wide setup. What/Where can i get a decent bar, possibly a little bit longer to act more like a wheelie bar? What do you guys have?

no a stock blaster comes with 21's in the rear and i'm not sure what's on the frront stock

oHH and my friend made a grab bar out of a aluminum aloy (so it's plenty strong)
but he made it extended cuz he flipped his blaster going up a hill so now it'd be more difficult to flip like that
it's pretty easy and cheap to do it that way

I made one out of aluminum also, but I need to modify it and/or use a stronger and thicker aluminum, cause I broke it off in the back today when I rode a wheelie really long and brought it back a little too far! LOL

So....I am looking on recommendations for aftermarket heavy duty grab bars as well, if I dont decide to remake another, but Im getting tired of working of 4 wheelers, and everything else I have to do as well.

I made one out of aluminum also, but I need to modify it and/or use a stronger and thicker aluminum, cause I broke it off in the back today when I rode a wheelie really long and brought it back a little too far! LOL

So....I am looking on recommendations for aftermarket heavy duty grab bars as well, if I dont decide to remake another, but Im getting tired of working of 4 wheelers, and everything else I have to do as well.

Are you kidding me???? Is the tail light bracket ok?

My tailight bracket is ok, I had to tweak it back, but its pretty much ok, the tube got a little twisted and bent, then broke at the front. I got it welded back on for now, but I want to find or make something that is strong enough that it can serve as a wheelie bar sort of in case the same thing happens again, cause it probably will. :)

most grab bars are the same legnth as stock. they arent designed to hold the weight of the bike on a wheelie and will bend easily. if you really want a wheelie bar, fabricate one that mounts to your rear bearing carrier and not your subframe. one of you are about to learn the hard way on what happens when you brace/reenforce the grab bar to withstand dragging the ground on a wheelie.

warning- replacing a sub frame is much more expensive than replacing a grab bar.

the blasters came with 21x7-10 on the front and 21x10-8 on the back

i dont think a few inches would really change the acceleration/top speed

the blasters came with 21x7-10 on the front and 21x10-8 on the back

i dont think a few inches would really change the acceleration/top speed

i just finally got to ride it around. and im kinda dissappointed about the way 1st and 2nd gear run out. 1st gear is basically useless and 2nd isnt much better. It might have different sprockets because ive ridin a stock blaster and 1st and 2nd gears wind out alot more than what i have now.

how many teeth do stock blaster sprockets have, front and back?