Cooling fan on a blaster???

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
I have a SPAL 5.5in cooling fan that only pulls 4 amps it moves 290cfm and was wondering if that was enough for the blaster to cool it or help in cooling it.

I did this on my ATC with an exact same fan as this but the ATC is electric start and has a battery.

What i was considering was since i dont ride at night and did away with the headlight i could wire in a standard automotive 12 volt relay and put the fan on a toggle switch so it didnt run unless i wanted it to.Mounts arent an issue ill figure something out but will 290cfm be enough to be worth it?The ATC runs cool enough to touch and not be burned and definately has helped on the trails.

So whatcha guys think waste of time or worth the while to do?

I would also think it depends on the kind of riding you do... if you are wide open field riding it wont help. If you are in the trails in the lower gears... it could be helpful.

I do alot of trail riding but a lot of country cruising on back roads.

I know its a far cry from the blaster but it really helped the ATC 110 in the same conditions.

I may give it a try.

when I do the 240 BB I am going to install the watercooled head that is available for the blaster , along with that a radiator , pump and electric fan , that will keep you cool on trails , or runnin wide open out in the desert or the dunes . Do you have engine shrouds? they can also help keep things cool between the knees

If ya don't install it, at least wire it in and see if the Blaster stator will run it. I'd get one if it'll run on Blaster power. Good experiment. :)

its also not that hard to add a battery to a blaster, if ya still have the stock airbox with the battery box, i think theres a diy on it???

don't you need a higher output stator to run a battery? I suppose you could run a 12v drycell battery , one of those used off and on will last all day , and are rechargeable , it could be independent of the bikes stator

no stock stator, run a hot from the stator to it, and float the ground in the stator too, << whatever that means,
pretty sure theres a diy on it, someone do a search for it