confused and need help

ChrissBlasterr9

Jul 25, 2009
Poughkeepsie,NY
well me nd my friend were riding his blaster around in my other friends back yard for like 30 mins and then it just shut off. kick start is locked up and wont move so im guessing his motor blew. i was wondering if he needs a piston and rings or a crank cuz we checked the oil on the right side (im guessing thats where the crank is) and it was dry. so will he need a crank or just piston and rings? we're gunna take it apart tomorrow but i know this is common so i just wanted to know if anyone knew wat it was before we take it all apart. thanks

thats your transmission oil. theres a window just under it to check the oil there. you want it to be half way up the glass when its on level ground.

as for the piston locking up, did it have 2 stroke oil in it? if not, you basically ran it with no oil and its gonna need a rebuild. does it still have the stock oil injection pump or premix?

Bore/hone to fit new piston
If you tear down the bottom end, buy a seal kit
repace crank if needed and main bearing
It might be tough for a 15 year old to R and R a crank
Good luck and myself and the members are here to help

im about 95 percent sure its the crank top end should be fine its on a different lube system but you should still check it

the bottom line is you aren't gonna fix anything I'm sure you don't have the tools or the experience to do this job, get yourself a Tupperware bucket and ship the whole motor to your closest builder on here and save some money, the Yamaha shop charges a ridiculous amount for this type of repair.

You can do it yourself! I started when I was 13 my dads been a huge help ( I started working on 4strokes ) 2strokes are so easy to fix. Do some research on here, do you have an older friend/ family member who can help you? ask them for some help. Get a clymer book for the blaster best $30 you can spend.