Confused about Engine Oil

Wojo

Nov 29, 2009
Ok guys.ive been rebuilding this blaster i got a few months ago and im down to the very last thing. The motor. and im new to the whole quad/2 stroke thing. and im very confused. so do i just mix oil with my gas (since my oil injection is removed) or is there a place to fill up the Lower portion with oil to. or does the tranny lube lube the crank and what not. and also. what oil do i mix with my gas and what oil do i put in the tranny??? thanks guys. i searched but got really confused.

Ok guys.ive been rebuilding this blaster i got a few months ago and im down to the very last thing. The motor. and im new to the whole quad/2 stroke thing. and im very confused. so do i just mix oil with my gas (since my oil injection is removed) or is there a place to fill up the Lower portion with oil to. or does the tranny lube lube the crank and what not. and also. what oil do i mix with my gas and what oil do i put in the tranny??? thanks guys. i searched but got really confused.

It takes transmission oil and you premix for engine. I recommend using ATF (auto trans fluid) but it has to be TYPE F or FA. Then for engine oil, use bel ray, klotz, amsoil, or any high end oil for premix. I prefer running 32:1 because your top- end lasts longer than leaning it out. Then use premium gas to mix the engine oil with. The amount of oil that goes into the tranny is 650mL. No less, no more! Hope this helped....

any motor cycle oil for wet clutch will work, for in the transmission..

and like stated. pre mix 32:1 which is 4 oz oil to 1 gallon gas, use preimuim fuel, and if you can find it run fuel with no ethanol( pump will say if ethanol is in it)

like kwik trip here they have a big tag on there premium that says' no ethanol premuim recreational vehicle gasoline'

so what wieght oil do i use for the gas?? and also your saying i should run 91 octane? thats the premium around here

u use synthetic 2 stroke oil like u use to mix gas+oil in a weedeater but use a better brand like klotz amsoil etc. all which can be found at u local motorcycle shop or dealership

Also note that a gas can holds more than it is rated for so don't fill to the safe "MAX" fill line. Check it at the pump and you will see that it is usually an inch below that line.

For the gear box, yamaha recommends a 10W30 but do not use standard motor oil if you run this weight because of foaming agents etc. you have to buy trans oil or yamalube but most guys run 85w gear oil like Belray

Just use Bel-Ray MC1 for your gas. 32:1. 2 stroke motor oil doesn't come in weights. quite simple truly....and what i said earlier Run ATF Trans oil. Type F or FA!!!..... Its a high friction oil.

i run 80/90 or 70/90 gear oil from amsoil. and i also run amsoil dominator premix. premium 91 octane fuel.

I also would recomend type F transmission fluid it works great in 2 strokes
(the gear box)!!!

I used to use castrol brand 2 stroke oil and it worked very well and was avalible at walmart and the auto parts store, I have switched to lucas semi synthetic 2 stroke oil, also availible at my auto parts store, it works great!! and its half the price of motul brand

Personally I run 24:1 in my blasters. A few good articles to read are "Premix ratios/myth/facts" & "how to break in a two-stroke after rebiuld". After reading the the premix article I was sold on 24:1. Good luck

Personally I run 24:1 in my blasters. A few good articles to read are "Premix ratios/myth/facts" & "how to break in a two-stroke after rebiuld". After reading the the premix article I was sold on 24:1. Good luck

damn thats rich. i do it when i break it in, but when its done and broke in, i run 32:1

Run the same amount of pre-mix for breakin as you do for after breakin operation. Changing your pre-mix ratio will change your jetting requirements. As for pre-mix oils I always recommend a semi-synthetic castor based oil such as the factory yamalube 2R or Klotz R50. I've found that the full synthetics don't burn off as well and therefore leave deposits/film which over time can gum rings and restrict the exhaust port. I recommend a mix ratio of 32:1 for air cooled atv's/mc's and 40:1 for liquid cooled applications.
As for your transmission oil, any oil formulated for a wet clutch system will work fine. It's really personal choice here. I personally run type F in my bikes because it's thin and give little resistance to movement and exhibits great clutch wear characteristics as well as a good solid clutch hookup. And it's cheap lol. But it needs to be changed more often than some of the other gear and motor oils.

How often do you change your tranny oil, everyone has different views on that. i typically change mine monthly and i ride usually twice a week.