Compression

Redneck rider

Nov 2, 2014
Hey guys I just bought a 1996 Yamaha blaster that
The motor was blown I replaced the hole top end for it and new cylinder Pistons rings and seals and it ran great I was riding all the time and I barely had it a month but I didn't beat on it then today i drove
It and it ran could then it just got worse and worse
And I lost power, it still ran and drove but is sounds absolute crappy, and barely any power when it idles and idles could then when I open up
The throttle it sounds horibble , please
Help I need some ways to fix this thank you

try a new plug, check reeds for all 4 petals and not cracked/broken, leakdown test, clean carb, delete TORS.

have you done any mods and plug chopped for them ?
what main jet, airscrew and needle clip settings ?

have you done a compression test ?
what were the results ?
or did you just pic a name for this thread out of a hat ? LOL

Leak test, check compression, remove the header pipe and look to see if the piston is damaged.

Did you leak test and heat cycle after rebuild?

try a new plug, check reeds for all 4 petals and not cracked/broken, leakdown test, clean carb, delete TORS.

have you done any mods and plug chopped for them ?
what main jet, airscrew and needle clip settings ?

have you done a compression test ?
what were the results ?
or did you just pic a name for this thread out of a hat ? LOL
No lol I did test and I was getting reading of 100psi and I did the test 4 5 times

I see "cylinder" listed in the first post as being replaced also ?
was this one of the el cheapo chinese ebay cylinders ?

I see "cylinder" listed in the first post as being replaced also ?
was this one of the el cheapo chinese ebay cylinders ?
I bought it of ebay brand new with Pistons rings gaskets deals and the cylinder also came with a free air filter and spark plug

A slow kick once we got 25 psi then one fast kick got us 75 psi and the after that it was 100 psi and didn't move after that

that kit sounds like the cheap one, which has issues,link to it?
people on here have bought them and cylinder walls have chipped away/no compression:)

did you re torque head and base nuts, perform proper heat cycles, and leak test after the rebuild?
I used a big socket wrench that was extra long for better leverage and no I did not do a heat cycle how do you do that and what is and how do you do a leak test and heat cycles
And ps I had a friend of mine whose a mechanic help me step by step throught the whole thing

i think members on here have you this same kit.
some have said it worked/some said the cylinder walls broke,but if they want they can share lol.
what compression gauge are you using...name of it?

i think members on here have you this same kit.
some have said it worked/some said the cylinder walls broke,but if they want they can share lol.
what compression gauge are you using...name of it?
I wish I could tell you but I'm not to sure to be honest