completly rebuild after it was stolen

98blaster

Jul 31, 2008
pittsburgh ,pa
i got a 98 blaster basket case 2yrs ago and it took about 3 months to get it all together and as soon as i got it done it got stolen it was gone for 2 months than the police found it and the peices of sh*t that stole it had painted all the plastic flourecent pink and painted every thing else black didnt tape off any thing it looked nasty and the also blew the engine so when i got it back i immediatly stripped it down to nothing and decided to do a complete rebuild i have no befor pics cause i was to pissed to think about taking any but i have taken picks of the reassembly process so heres some pics of the progress

this is the frame after being totally stripped of all previous paint and i painted it with ppg paint in chevy victory red
everythingpics093.jpg

this is when i started asemby all wiring installed and right suspension with the works AT STEELIES w/rezzies i polished the rezzies and stripped the a arms and paintes the base clear ford silver metallic
everythingpics094.jpg

thats all i got time to post right now but i will include mor pic and stuff later today or tommorrow let me know what you think so far

ok i thought the wife wanted me to go to the stor but she ended up going so here is somemore pics

heres a pic of it with all the front susension on and i bought a used dg front bumper in great shape for 30.00
everythingpics095.jpg

this is after i finished installing the swing arm and rear shock along with the banshee stem i bought for 11.00 on ebay and i had it turned down at a local machine shop for $20 and i also chose to use renthal bars and a modquad polished teardrop milled bar clamp and also the dg fat series grab bar i got new for 50$ from my boy at the local yamaha dealer
everythingpics097.jpg

i used a 400ex rear shock i drilled the lower holes to use stock bolt and the spacer is a caterpiller engine spacer i cut down i had a custom upper shock bushing made so i could use the blaster bolt but still keep the use of the bearing honda uses in the eye
everythingpics098.jpg

this pic just shows how much taller the stem is especialy with high bend bars this set up is real comfy to ride it takes that little kid quad feeling out of the blaster
everythingpics099.jpg

these are the brand new itp pro polised t-9's and the itp holeshot 20-11-8 xcr tires also brand new
everythingpics100.jpg

more pics to come ....

Lookin good man. Glad you got it back and are getting it back together. Keep up the good work...

yea that sucks it got stolen.my friend bought a blaster for $300 and it had new race plastics new holeshots all the way around new alluminum rims.it looked like it came off the showroom floor.the carb needed to be cleaned and it ran like it was brand new.well anyways he had it for 2 weeks and got stolen offf his back porch.the kids cut the cable lock off and we havent seen it since.we put in about 10-15 hours of driving around looking for it

used blaster - $650
moter rebuild - $500
time n paint on frame - $250
suspension upgrades - $800
new tires and wheels - $600.................

rottweiler/pitbull to protect from theives - priceless

used blaster - $650
moter rebuild - $500
time n paint on frame - $250
suspension upgrades - $800
new tires and wheels - $600.................

rottweiler/pitbull to protect from theives - priceless

yes absolutly a shotgun buy the door it good to have too

ok i got a little time so ill post some more pics

another pic of rear suspension with the dg swing arm plate and the banshee rear axle and carrier i also did a rear hydro brake conversion using a warrior rear brake setup
everythingpics101.jpg

the rest of the brake coversion i welded a tab to the frame and used one exsiting mount which i think was from the factory heel guard i mouted the resivor with a p-clamp on around the frame tube and i made a custom brake pedal out of a blaster pedal and the warrior pedal
everythingpics102.jpg

just a random pic of rear suspension
everythingpics103.jpg

finally it seems like im making some progress
everythingpics104.jpg

Wow you're moving right along, nice job. What are your plans for the motor?

thanks for the compliment, i know the final assembly is going fast but i have about a years worth of work and sourcing parts into this to get to the point im at now but as for the engine when i got it back it was blown a thrust washer came off the crank and went through the top end so i totally rebuilt it all new bearings, new seals, new rod kit, vito's superstock piston kit w/hi-comp gaskets, head milled .005 to make sure it was straight, fresh .040 bore, oil block off kit, vito's clutch kit, new clutch push rods and lever, duncan racing pyramid reed valve, vitos degree key, 30mm oko carb, k&n w/ outerwears, and toomey pipe and silencer