complete engine gasket set

blasted_blaster

Aug 1, 2011
Well after tons of research and digging I found that the motor in my blaster is a 74 yz250. I am going to rebuild the motor with a weisco +2 mm over bore piston. Then have flotek port the cylinder, deck the head to jack the comp way up, and piston boost port work. So that being said anybody know where I can get a complete engine gasket set for my motor?

tons of places... send it to flotek before you bore it over and he can bore it for you as well. why do you need to go so far over with it?

For the last time, I know it has been said a million times. BORING DOES NOT INCREASE POWER OUTPUT. The tiny amount of trapped volume increase does NOT outweigh the cost in cylinder life. You'll gain like 6 cc's but have to get a new cylinder when that bore finally wears out.

Only over bore enough to clean up damage, taper, and out of round. USUALLY that's .010" oversize. Then have your cylinder ported and head cut to optimize the quality fuel you are willing to run. Upgrade your exhaust (kinda limited there unless you're good at fabbing) and carburetor to match and it'll put out plenty of power.

Ok didn't know that. This is my first 2 stroke. That being said I am still pretty limited on choices as far as bore goes. I couldn't find a single retailer online that had wiesco pistons for this motor. Found some NOS on ebay. Guess wiesco discontinued them. As far as fuel 110 octane race fuel.

As you have found out parts for this will be hard to find. I wouldn't put money into porting, etc. If it runs now, run it till it blows. Might consider selling it if it runs, use that $$$ to get something way newer that parts are available for.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary.l

As you have found out parts for this will be hard to find. I wouldn't put money into porting, etc. If it runs now, run it till it blows. Might consider selling it if it runs, use that $$$ to get something way newer that parts are available for.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary.l

Yea I was gonna do a one time build on this motor and run it till I could find a newer motor to slap in it. Then really build the newer motor.

Might try AHMRA, or what ever the historic MC assosiation is, or google, might be able to find something. Maybe with the dimensions might find a sno-mo piston that might work, make your own gaskets. Anneal the head gasket K Oconner has a vid how to do it.

Ebay has been good so far. I found several weisco pistons on there NOS. And some gaskets. I will prob get some gasket material from an autoparts store to do the rest. I am only building it because its a low power motor. I will be keeping an eye out for a wrecked newer 2 stroke bike I can get cheap.