cole454's Rebuild

Got it jetted for the cfm.
Final numbers are;
45 pilot
Air screw 1.5 turns out
155 main
Needle at middle clip (I think it's a CEL needle)

Starts pulling right off the throttle and doesn't stop. Lifts the front end off the ground 1-3 gear with +4 swinger and 280#'s of rider on it.
/\/\/\ my exact jetting, except i have a "dgh" needle, very close to the "cel"

Man that thing sounds like a riot, for the shock I was referring to the YFZ450 shock later on. Seriously I'd love to have something like that when I'm done. I'm going for the wasp look cause the bumble bee's are the ones with the flat face 02 hoods and non-cut plastics.

Got the YFZ rear shock put on.

Before YFZ Rear Shock

28sn8uw.jpg

After

2011-09-21_19-29-01_942.jpg

Another after

2011-09-21_19-38-20_975.jpg

Last edited:
did u drill a new mount hole? ot just mount it in long ass form? pics of the details lol

Damn, I knew someone would ask for those. I might have forgotten to get pics of the modding, lol.
I guess it didn't dawn on me to take pics of the shock in a shock mod. 8-| lol

I did end up redrilling the bottom hole. After that it was ~1-1.5" longer than the 400ex shock. I also had to swap the top bushings. I used the 400ex bushing in the YFZ so I can use the same top bolt. They were a different diameter.
The preload on the YFZ is set full soft while the 400ex I had full hard and it was still sagging to much with me on it.

Last edited:
Looks good how did you mount it same as the 400ex? also where did you get the air scoops you make em?

Looks good how did you mount it same as the 400ex? also where did you get the air scoops you make em?

Pretty much mounts the same as the 400ex. Most of the modding is in the bottom. Have to redrill the bottom hole and cut the excess off. I'll get pics of that soon.
The scoops are CFM.

Well its been nearly a month, but nothings really changed since.
I did get my nerfs though. They're not bolted because I need to get longer bolts. The bolts go through the nerfs, double pegs, and the heel guard mounts so they're pretty long.

21103n7.jpg

Looking good man, Yea the bottom hole of the YFZ needs reamed then the overhang reshaped, it's not too bad, Doesn't look like it's too high. Is it still the stock spring?

Awesome build though man

Looking good man, Yea the bottom hole of the YFZ needs reamed then the overhang reshaped, it's not too bad, Doesn't look like it's too high. Is it still the stock spring?

Awesome build though man

Yeah, I re-drilled the bottom hole as far up as I could then cut the excess off. It only sits 1-2 inches taller than the 400ex did and gives me more room for adjustment.
I want to eventually get a dual spring kit for my fronts and maybe something for the rear.

lookin good cole !!!!!!

and i'm seeing some pretty old farm equipment in the backround, and piles of firewood
is there a "moonshine still" hiding back there somewhere ????

lookin good cole !!!!!!

and i'm seeing some pretty old farm equipment in the backround, and piles of firewood
is there a "moonshine still" hiding back there somewhere ????

Thanks

No still, lol.
That old equipment is my little bro's restoration project. And the wood is because my parents use it for heat in the house and garage.