coil wiring problem

pattydonnyhugh

Sep 16, 2015
I have an interesting problem with a blaster i am currently building maybe someone can give me some insight as i am really a diesel mechanic. im going through the wiring some of the wires were cut and the grounds were damaged i cut everything out that i didnt think the engine needed to run leaving the 4 wires from the stator -yellow red chaser, black, black red chaser, white red chaser, and the wires to the CDI black white chaser to kill switch, orange to coil, black red chaser to stator, and white red chaser to stator, i grounded the stator the CDI and the kill switch at one of the bolts at the coil. now the issue is when i connect the orange to the coil i have no spark at the coil with my test light now i have power to the CDI from black and red and if i disconnect the orange i have power all verified with a test light but as soon as the orange is connected to the coil it fails to produce spark. i verified the kill switch works and the stator has been replaced as well as a flywheel with an OEM one i also tried two coils and i tried grounding the yellow with a red chaser from the stator (i know it just powers accessories so it shouldent matter)

Yes a believe an 88-02 I'm not sure where the stator came from previous owner had purchased it and put it in with the sale he figured that was the no spark problem I have two used OEM ones I could try I also tried to loose the kill and it was the same issue and the bike has no key

there is only 1 ground wire that get's grounded to coil.
put the oem stator on it.
if it is aftermarket it more then likely wont work
and more then likely has 5 wires in which the extra wire needs grounded to the frame.
everyone who has tried the cheap stators has failed.....try 1 of your oem stator:)