Clutch?

they shouldn't be torqued very tightly. use a socket wrench not a screwdriver and just kinda smack it with your hand. or hold the whole clutch assembly still with your other hand

that nut is attached to the pressure plate. the clutch disks are just kinda stuck to it with the tranny oil. it should pull out. if not you got your work cut out for ya bc the end of the rod has flared tight to the inside of the shaft

Reactions: Longview
ok can you tilt the quad up with the clutch side down. try to get the ball and rod that are inside that shaft out.

you can try moving the clutch lever to see if that gets them moving also

Pictures:

It's scorched a little.

189.jpg

191.jpg

And there is a little circle indent at the top of the rod. For the ball?

192.jpg

193.jpg

ok this is a bad rod and ball. the ball is permanently attached to the end of the rod. this is the rod coming out of the pressure plate
the rod that is flat on the end is the end that contacts the clutch actuator(the thing the cable pulls on the motor) this is only able to be removed in this condition by splitting the cases
wv3clh.jpg

w7ogh.jpg

this is a good usable set of rods and ball.

16kq1z7.jpg

you need to tip the quad to see if it rolls out. if it doesn't just fall out i would move the clutch actuator lever around to see if that wil dislodge it. Btw thanks for the rep man. This is why we have this place man.

hmm that's not a good sign. have you removed the clutch cable? if not you sholuld remove the cable from the clutch actuator then there is a spring that hooks on the cases. unhook that spring and try to pull the acuator lever up and out of the cases. it should pull right out. if you have an air compressor you can use that to force air into the actuator hole. that should blow the ball and rod out if it sin't stuck in there

Reactions: Awk08
i gotta give scotj major props and reps for sticking this out as long as he has.
you don't have to know everything there is about these, or even "over know" things, just help to the end.
scotj for technician !!!!!!

i gotta give scotj major props and reps for sticking this out as long as he has.
you don't have to know everything there is about these, or even "over know" things, just help to the end.
scotj for technician !!!!!!

lmao thanks for the props bro but i'm no where near a tech yet. lol

I can't turn the arm enough to clear the carb. And i can't find my seem to get my carb cap off with my hands, and my channel locks are MIA. I think they're in my dads truck.

I'll have to pick up where i left off tomorrow. Got a Dentist appointment early tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help.