clutch wore out?

yamamma

Dec 15, 2015
Hey guys new to blasters and new to the group im wondering if my clutch is wore out when i put it first gear it jumps and shuts off unless i gunn it i took the clutch cover off and had a friend squeeze the clutch and only 6 out of 7 of the metal plates moved forward there was metal shavings when i changed the oil but im wondering if this is the fibers from the clutch

clutch plates worn out will cause slipping, not grabbing.
look into.... stretched cable, internal clutch rod adjustment, welded ball between internal rods, grooved clutch basket fingers.

clutch plates worn out will cause slipping, not grabbing.
look into.... stretched cable, internal clutch rod adjustment, welded ball between internal rods, grooved clutch basket fingers.
Thanks for the reply and advice ill look into it

Other than the wear or adjustments mentioned, work the clutch lever while warming engine up. It allows oil in between the plates to allow a bit of slip while disengaged.
Presuming your oil is full and of correct type, and/or not to thick for cold weather.

Ok thanks im trying to figure out where the notvh on the motor is to adjust the clutch lever on the motor

Ok thanks im trying to figure out where the notvh on the motor is to adjust the clutch lever on the motor

this is adjusted with the internal rod adjustment until the pointer and notch aligned as shown, done with the cable from bars disconnected at either end, so only the rod adjustment effects it

the internal rod adjustment can be found in the manual or the KOR engine assembly vids:
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

full

Reactions: yamamma