CLUTCH WONT DISENGAGE

devinmadssen

Dec 9, 2015
Okay my clutch won't disengage when I pull the lever in, the actuator moves and is aligned right, clutch cable, push rods, ball bearing, push plate and nut are all brand new. Even when warmed up pulling the clutch won't let the motor spin freely and roll like in neutral. Could it be the friction plates, just had the case off when replacing the push rods and they don't have to much left on them, is that the problem?

When I aligned the actuator I pulled the lever in and the plates did disengage and separate, but it won't spin freely when it's running and the lever is pulled in

Need help pretty fast too I'm selling it and not trying to rip anyone off by not knowing what's wrong with it

You saying engine running, in gear, clutch pulled (DISengaged) it wants to creep ?
Presuming engine is warm. Does it want to creep in neutral ?
What oil are you using in trans ?

No engine in neutral running warm, the clutch pulled (disengaged) doesn't do anything, its baaically has no clutch function at all, when I go to put it In gear with the clutch pulled in it jumps like someone who's learning to ride clutch does sometimes. It will ride and shift gears when riding if im in the powrband but to actually get it going i have to rev the engine and pop it into gear like popping the clutch without the clutch. Its hard for me to explain lol but I can get some videos tomorrow that will show U exactly what I mean

why would you replace all those parts without
fiber and friction plate's/ springs?
they are cheap........

either you did something wrong...like aligning dots
or you need a clutch kit
description of your problem is hard to diagnose online:D
without photo/video.

Honestly just completely like capped it and forgot about them lol a big dumbass mistake but the dots on the iner basket and pressure plate are botch aligned right so I'm thinking it's gotta be a clutch kit,I'll get some videos up here tomorrow

Sure you continue don't have to much free play adjustment at lever? Presume assembly and adjustment was per the manual?
Worn plates would not ENgage.
Was the clutch basket excessively grooved? That can be a major cause of faulty clutch action.
Sure you put the BB in?

Yea it's not the lever all the way in or all the way out it still doesn't work right. And yep 100% positive ball bearing bb thing is in the engine. and no it had grooves in it but nothing major or deep grooves but i didnt even think of that, honestly that's probably what it is lol

If I pull the case back off and take the clutch apart again to see if the grooves are to deep can I just sand them down with a file? Or sandpaper/grinder? Just to get them flat

If I pull the case back off and take the clutch apart again to see if the grooves are to deep can I just sand them down with a file? Or sandpaper/grinder? Just to get them flat

Good smooth flat file is only way to do it. Might find a how to on You tube. Be sure to clean well before assembly. Might find a bid on clutch assembly.