Clutch Still not working PLZ HELP!

Blaster528

Aug 12, 2015
Rut Vegas, Vermont
Ok so I have taken out both pushrods and the ball bearing (which are still separate). I have dismantled and installed the fiber and metal plates 5 times, and I have adjusted the clutch arm with still no luck. I know that the dots on the basket and clutch plate line up, I have followed Ken o Connors video for the clutch install. The clutch springs are torqued to 4.3ft lbs. After all of this I pull on the actuating arm and the front pressure plate still doesn't move outwards. I'm at a blank. Help is VERY much appreciated.

Heres a video of the problem

ahhhh....you can't push the arm with your fingers enuf to push the pressure plate out, it's too stiff and has to move further forward than you are moving it with your fingers. you're only moving it to take up the slack between actuator and rod, the actual work happens in the last 1/2" of actuator arm movement forward from where you are moving it with your fingers

try using channel locks to turn it forward further till you feel pressure, or connect the cable to do it, if the cable isn't pulling it further forward, chances are the cable is stretched beyond it's limit.

or....

there is also the possibility that the washers got mixed up behind and in front of the basket/hub and is holding the whole assembly out too far < think I remember that happening once to someone on here.
go over the schematics and double check you have the washers in the correct place.

ahhhh....you can't push the arm with your fingers enuf to push the pressure plate out, it's too stiff and has to move further forward than you are moving it with your fingers. you're only moving it to take up the slack between actuator and rod, the actual work happens in the last 1/2" of actuator arm movement forward from where you are moving it with your fingers

try using channel locks to turn it forward further till you feel pressure, or connect the cable to do it, if the cable isn't pulling it further forward, chances are the cable is stretched beyond it's limit.

or....

there is also the possibility that the washers got mixed up behind and in front of the basket/hub and is holding the whole assembly out too far < think I remember that happening once to someone on here.
go over the schematics and double check you have the washers in the correct place.
Ok thanks for response, ill try pulling on the arm with a pair of channel locks tomorrow and report back. I also tried hooking up the clutch cable but it seems short? Could this be? Im afraid to pull it enough where it fits on the hand lever. I believe everything on this bike is stock: except crank and old piston. The clutch springs are pink which is the factory color I believe. Again thanks Awk for all your replies you've really helped me out;)

The clutch plates don't move much. And if the bike isn't warmed up may grab with lever pulled in. You really have to get on it and ride it too know. Once the oil warms up, it slips more. If that makes sense.

Is the clutch arm in the correct position when you install rod? If you happen to have the rods out again, pull actuator out and inspect for wear.

Is the clutch arm in the correct position when you install rod? If you happen to have the rods out again, pull actuator out and inspect for wear.
I just had the actuator, Rods, and ball bearing out today and they all look on great shape. Surpriseingly the rods barely have a dent in them from the bearing which makes me believe this was recently replaced or this engine has seen little use

So I hooked up the cable put some oil in it and after awhile the clutch started working, really happy thanks guys:D. The clutch is hard to pull, harder than my other blaster. Then both blasters are really hard compared to my ttr125 don't know if it's just that way or not:confused:

Reactions: Awk08