Clutch replacement

Hope some one post cause i need the same info,

also what all do i need to replace?

whats the whole set?

4 bolts,4 springs,how many plates?

No I'm pretty sure. The cable is adjusted all the way out at the lever and when I put it into gear it hits super hard and almost stalls the engine. That's the only adjustment right?

theres another adjuster in the middle of the clutch basket if you take the cover off its the lil screw in the middle losten the nut an adjust the screw

If that is the case then you need a new basket and inner hub. Your clutch is not disengaging all the way because of grooving. Dont be cheap and file down the basket, idk poeple do this, they are just asking for broken plates. And when you install it soak the friction plates in oil for like 2 hours. Soak them in the same oil that you will use in the engine

So how do I get this piece off?

clutchhousing.jpg

I took all the tension off of the cable already. Is it supposed to slide off once the center nut is removed? It doesn't seem to budge even after tapping it with a rubber mallet. I must be doing something wrong...:-/

the clutch is on the other side of the motor you have to take off the right side (if your on the bike) cover an the clutch is in there with the oil pump

Yea I realize that now. I just figured since the shift lever and clutch cable are on that side that the clutch would be too. I'm guessing that is the stator in the picture then, right?

Yea I realize that now. I just figured since the shift lever and clutch cable are on that side that the clutch would be too. I'm guessing that is the stator in the picture then, right?

yep....

do you have a manual? if not download one, just do a search on the forum

Ok my clutch problem is pretty annoying. I bought the blaster and stripped it down. Have the motor on the work bench what I'm having problems with is the clutch shaft and ball. When you engage the clutch and look in the clutch shaft where the adjuster screw goes a shaft pokes out. From all my research I know it goes shaft ball and basket cover screw adjust. What's the best way to get the shaft out