Clutch pulls hard

Topher9545

May 6, 2015
While I'm waiting on my cylinder to be bored over, I'm helping my friend with another blaster he just picked up. It runs great starts right up first kick but the clutch pulls really hard and doesn't seem to fully disengage. Now I know the clutch cable is good because it's a new one we just put on it but the arm the cable hooks to (at loss for the name of atm) pulls really hard and needed some jerking to break free. Now before we tackle this I was wondering what you guys think, bent push rod I'm thinking? Thanks guys.

might have heavy springs. try removing springs, reassemble, hold pressure on pressure plate and see if arm and rod move smooth. could have burr on arm/rod. bad cable routing?

Does it feel "gritty" for lack of a better word. Also as stated it may have hd springs. Also when you pull does it snap back ?

We've got parts on the way. It doesn't feel very gritty but there were ribs on the clutch basket fingers, ball bearing was welded to the pushrod and one of the towers that the screws that hold the pressure plate and springs threads into was broken off the inner hub. Gonna get the new parts in and see what happens. I've already filed down the ribs.

Reactions: bummer981